Market Conditions in Raleigh>Question Details

Joe, Home Buyer in 27612

What is the best area in the Triangle to buy for mid-term appreciation. (3-7 years) What areas in the

Asked by Joe, 27612 Tue Feb 24, 2009

Triangle have and will continue to weather the storm better than others?

Answers

6
This was just announced on Monday from our local ABC affiliate channel 11TV - you can find it on the web
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=…

According to Birch Appraisers the Raleigh neighborhood of North Hills still tops the list of Wake County areas with the best real estate appreciation.
North Hills' home values have risen 12 percent over the last year, even with the recession.
Home values have gone up 10 percent in Sunset Hills. And just over 9 percent in the Raleigh neighborhood known as Georgetown North.

Please call me when your ready buy.
Joe, I think if you are looking at it strictly from an appreciation standpoint one thing that you have to do is look for the up and coming area and stay out of the well known hot spots that matured before the recent downturn. My opinion is that you should look toward Holly Springs and Fuquay-Varina, maybe even Apex and parts of Cary or more toward Knightdale. I think North Raleigh, Wake Forest and most of Cary and even parts of Apex are going to stay flat or rise only modestly in the near term.
There are several spots in the Raleigh area with good appreciation including one my office is located in at North Hills in North Raleigh and more affordable than Chapel Hill. Our team has agents trained for specific area markets that can help you out in either city you are looking to buy in.
What if I limit buying to Raleigh? Any thoughts on the best spots in Raleigh?
This is a very difficult question to answer in these current economic times. In the past, Chapel Hill (within the Chapel Hill-Carrboro school system) has definitely been one of the better places to buy in the area. Chapel Hill has weathered the storm fairly well but has seen a significant decrease in sales volume (so more difficult to sell right now but prices haven't been hit too hard).
Web Reference: http://craigfox.pruysu.com
Hi Joe
That is a very hard question, however there are area's in Raleigh,Durham, Chapel Hill and Hillsborough, that have actually not lost any value thus far. Hope Valley is the best selling neighborhood in Durham. I personally think Durham is a great market to buy in especially near downtown as it is still moving forward with the DPAC and the new Transit Station I think it will increase in value moving forward.
Michael
Web Reference: http://www.colvinm.hpw.com