Seebuckrun, Other/Just Looking in Barrington, IL

What is the average selling price for a one acre lot in Barrington Il be?

Asked by Seebuckrun, Barrington, IL Mon Oct 26, 2009

The lot is located in an established neighborhood.

Answers

5
CAROL CUTLER, , Barrington, IL
Wed Nov 18, 2009
If the lot is in the village, you want to pay under $300,000 generally. Depending on location and condition and buildability, as well as the seller's reasons for selling, you could get the land for much less. Always happy to help.
Pam Jacobs, Agent, Barrington, IL
Mon Oct 26, 2009
Keep in mind as you look at lots that a good rule of thumb used by builders in the area is not to pay more than 25% of the expected total value of the improved property (lot + House) for the lot. For example, if you want to build a $1 million home, you might not want to pay more than $250k for the lot. Some builders will stretch this to 30%, but you don't want to over or under improve the lot. In Barrington, like everywhere, it's all abou the location. Most village lots are tear downs, and $300k is about the max you'd want to pay. outside of the village, everythign is well and septic, so be sure you include the proper contingencies for inspections (perc, soil boring, etc.) Barrington Hills has some amazing lots for great prices in the current market...all 5 acres and up. All depends on what you are looking for.
coleen greni…, Agent, Barrington, IL
Mon Oct 26, 2009
Hi Seebuckrun,
Was searching a little myself and found some available in the Barrington area anywhere from 175,000 - 300,000. As I said before all r in different locations. Even found a bank owned parcel. Let me know if you r interested in working together further.
Thanks for your question.
Bob Brandt, Agent, Schaumburg, IL
Mon Oct 26, 2009
I have just analyzed many active and sold vacant land Realtor MLS data sheets of sites of about an acre and very generally the asking prices for the many choices are ranging from $160,000 to $350,000, with an approx average asking price of about $260,000.
As for the actual average selling price, it looks like about $240,000.
Prices vary widely based on the view, location, trees, neighborhood, season, negotiations and motivations of the parties.
Let me know if you would like me to email you a complete list of all the information you may want and/or call with any questions......
I grew up in Barrington and my family still has a farm here. A great place to live....

Bob Brandt
847-230-7303
Web Reference:  http://www.realtybob.com
coleen greni…, Agent, Barrington, IL
Mon Oct 26, 2009
Hi Seebuckrun,

There are many areas of Barrington that you could be looking in for lots. There is South Barrington, North Barrington, and Lake Barrington. I'd be happy to send you some exact locations if you are interested. I can narrow your search further to sub-divisions ie/ Biltmore, Tower Lakes, etc.

Feel free to contact me any time at coleen.grenier@bairdwarner.com
And thanks for your question!