What is the average condo maintenance fee in Michigan?

Asked by Rhcondo, Rochester Hills, MI Wed Oct 26, 2011

Answers

8
Billybob5, Home Buyer, Rochester Hills, MI
Mon May 2, 2016
the cost the lill jeff bi;lly jk
C A Warren, Home Seller, Brighton Township, MI
Tue Mar 15, 2016
We live in Huntmore Estates Golf Community in Michigan and Lived in Linton Crest HOA in Virginia
HEGC - $75/month included Water, Maintenance of Common Area, Roads and Snow Removal of Main Roads; Plus Compliance concerns over Architectural Standards and Landscaping within the community
LC-VA - $55/month included Garbage/Recycling, Maintenance of Common Area Plus Compliance concerns over Architectural Standards and Landscaping within the community

When it runs into the hundreds per month it had better include repairs to condos and replacement of siding or shingles or yard weeding/mowing, window washing, whatever you can imagine you no longer want to maintain - just read it carefully.
Pam Bava, Agent, Rochester, MI
Thu Oct 27, 2011
Rhcondo

As stated in prior responses, each condo association fee will be different depending on what is included. My office is in Rochester, I would be happy to help you find something that is in your price range. There are some very nice properties available.

Pam Bava, Realtor
586-675-4653
realteellc@hotmail.com
Stephen Conn…, Agent, Birmingham, MI
Thu Oct 27, 2011
Rh,
As you can see by previous answers, it varies greatly. But in the Rochester area , it is around 250 to 400. Sometimes there is a special assessment. When looking at a property, you must consider the condition of expensive items like roofs, concrete, etc. If these items are in poor condition then you might see an increase in maintenance fee or an assessment. Also, recently the lenders are having issues with several items. 1. the % of owner occupied units & 2. the % of delinquent maintenance fees. Brokers will not Lend if these are out of line. As a BUYERS AGENT, I look into these prior to making an offer. Good Hunting , Steve
Web Reference:  http://www.michiganhome.net
Sigrid Garri…, Agent, Rochester, MI
Wed Oct 26, 2011
Rhcondo,

Yes the fees will vary greatly. Another thing to consider is the age of the complex. generally speaking, the older ones have higher fees since there may be alot of miantenance they need to do such as roofs, windows.
some fees include water, some include water & Gas. some co-op fees even include taxes. You have to look at the total picture. When you search in your area that you want to buy, check out the asociation fees & find out what is covered. Then add those costs to your mortgage costs. with any offer you place, make sure it is a condo addendum, asking for the bylaws & master deed as part of the inspection process. If there is anything you didn't expect or don't like then you should be able to get out of your offer as long as its done within the time frame specified. Let me know if you have more questions. I'm here to help. I just live 1 block from Rochester Hills

Best Wishes & happy condo hunting.

Sigrid Garrick
E-Pro & SFR Certified Realtor
Keller Williams
Karen Paytas, Agent, Clinton Twp, MI
Wed Oct 26, 2011
Hi:

Condo maintenance fees vary depending on the community, what amenities are offered. I've seen them from 35.00 a month to 900.00 a month. Each association is different. What area are you searching in? If you're looking for a community with a pool and workout area the fees are going to be higher. The more services provided the higher the fees and vice versa.

If you have a community in mind I would be happy to help.

Good Luck,

Karen Paytas, GRI, CMS
Real Living Kee Realty
586-709-8465
kpaytas@mirealsource.com
I am looking in the Commerce Twsp Mi area. I don't need a pool, exercise area or a club house. I am interested in a one story newer condo with a garage and basement.
My email is Lgwoods51@gmail.com
Flag Sun Jan 1, 2017
Brian Lorenz, Agent, BYRON CENTER, MI
Wed Oct 26, 2011
It varies by community and services provided by the association. I've seen the fees as low as $135 here on the West side of Michigan. What community?
Lori Ann Fis…, Agent, Oxford, MI
Wed Oct 26, 2011
There doesn't seem to be an 'average' rate but in Rochester Hills rates tend to be between $250 - $350 per month. Obviously a huge gap so fees are something to consider when looking for a home. Please feel free to contact me if you would like more info - best of luck!