What is a fair price per sq foot to pay for a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom completely remodeled home in the North Phoenix area?

Asked by EMarie, Phoenix, AZ Thu Oct 17, 2013

I am looking to purchase a home in the north central area of phoenix. It has 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and is updated.

Answers

12
Raoul Lousta…, Agent, glendale, AZ
Fri Oct 18, 2013
Hello Marie

you can get an idea buy looking at what has sold in the last 90 days and what listed will give you a good idea where to start , but price per sqft does not show you how the home is in condition ,location and amenities then you can come to what you think might be fair

thanks
Michelle &am…, Agent, Glendale, AZ
Fri Oct 18, 2013
Marie,
As you know, prices will vary depending on the neighborhood, home features, home and lot size. But to answer your question, I would use $150 per sq ft. as a guide for a completely remodeled home.

Jim Twedley
Toma Partners
602-405-2551
james@tomapartners.com
Sean Heideman, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Fri Oct 18, 2013
Hi Marie,

Is there a particular neighborhood you are mostly interested in or a particular location within the North Phoenix area. North Phoenix is a large area with a large range of prices. Please give me a call so that I can provide you with a more accurate price per square foot.

Also, we give you FREE access to the Arizona Multiple Listing services. Yes, that's right - The Arizona MLS which realtor have to pay hundreds of dollars for but we provide it FREE to our clients. When you work with me you are a member of my team where we both work together to help you find the perfect home for you and your family. To gain access the the REAL Arizona MLS, please visit our web site at: http://www.PositionRealty.com

Please give me a call at the number listed below.

Sean Heideman, Broker
Postion Realty
Office: 480-213-5251
Edith Karoli…, Agent, Winnetka, IL
Fri Oct 18, 2013
First Advice WORK WITH YOUR OWN REALTOR, YOUR OWN BUYERS AGENT you need representation, for all the many steps involved in the purchase of a property, many you do not even
see at this time, now you are just worried about what the house is worth and how much you should
offer, that is not all of it, that would be easy, buying a home is not like buying a loaf of bread.

You need your own representation by an experienced local Realtor, it is free to you the buyer as the
commissions are paid by the seller's side at the closing table. And remember listing agents legally represent the Seller, and work in the best interest of the Sellers, you need your Realtor representing you and your interests in finding the right home, get all detailed info about the home, offer and negotiate the
best and most competitive price, have careful inspections, and a real estate attorney to oversee and
check the sales contract....

This is the very BEST advice I can give to any Buyer...

price per sq.ft. does not really work for real estate, if so it would make our job sooo sooo easy.....
style of home, upgrades and updates, age of home, location, floor plan, curb appeal, lot size,
and a ton of other amenities and the surrounding area in general, schools, parks nearby all of it
needs to be considered to evaluate the market value of a property at a certain time in a certain
market..... If you need a recommendation for a good Buyers Agent to work on your behalf get back to me and let me know Love to give you a good recommendation

Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert

Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and Investors alike....
And always with a SMILE 
Covering for @Properties the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs, the fine homes on the
North Shore, and many of the W and SW suburbs, and with her trusted Partner Agents all of
the US and worldwide properties. Edith speaks French, German, some Spanish and other.....
@Properties Brokerage, 30 Green Bay Road, Winnetka, Illinois 60093
EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com
Check out my website at htttp://tinyurl.com/YourRealtor4Life
HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)
Harnek Dadia…, Agent, Glendale, AZ
Thu Oct 17, 2013
You can go on http://www.agentsingh.com and check out the area where you are looking to find out the per sq ft. price and see what are people asking for house in the neighborhood you are looking in.

Don't shy away in contacting me to get more specific information without any obligations or strings attached.

Harnek Singh Dadiala
623 229 6691
HomeSmart
Web Reference:  http://www.agentsingh.com
Stephen Van…, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Thu Oct 17, 2013
North Central Phx can be 20 square miles and vary by build date plus or minus 40 years. Narrow your questions down to cross streets or zip code to obtain better answers.
Steffy Hrist…, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Thu Oct 17, 2013
Prices per sq.ft. can vary between $90 -$180. If you send me an address, I could more precisely estimate the ranges.
Tiffany Carl…, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Thu Oct 17, 2013
There are so many different factors that go into comparing properties and coming up with a value. I would be happy to give you my opinion. Email me the address and I will let you know what I think.

Tiffany Carlson
Associate Broker
Realty One Group
tiffanycarlsonrealtor@gmail.com

Awarded one of the Top 40 Agent’s Under 40 in 2013
Debora Nicho…, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Thu Oct 17, 2013
The price per sq ft can vary for neighborhood to neighborhood, pool or no pool, location within the neighborhood, single level or 2 levels and many more items. As Jennie said, the first step in the home buying process is to get prequalified. Then once you have chosen a neighborhood and home your Realtor can run comps on THAT home and let you know whether they feel it is priced fairly or not.

If you don't have a Realtor, I work the North Phoenix area and would be happy to speak with you and set up a search that fits your criteria. 602-769-9217 . Happy house hunting.
Michael Apon…, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Thu Oct 17, 2013
That varies depending on the neighborhood and the type of materials used to remodel the home.

Do you have a particular home in mind?

Feel free to call or text me at (602) 617-6872, and I'll be happy to help.

James Reynolds, REALTOR
HomeSmart
Jose Dias, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Thu Oct 17, 2013
The price per sqft will vary widely based on the year when the house was built and other factors. I understand it has been remodeled recently but still the year built will have a significant impact on the price. Also the specific neighborhood. Some neighborhoods in North Phoenix will command a price of $140+/sqft, while others will be below $100/sqft.

Your REALTOR should be able to show you comps for the area - similar homes that sold recently in the same neighborhood.

And if you are not working with a REALTOR, may I suggest you contact one?

Jennie Miller…, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Thu Oct 17, 2013
The amount that you can pay for this type of home will vary from neighborhood to neighborhood. Have you spoken with the lender about getting pre-qualified? That is the first step in the home buying process.