Frustrated, Home Buyer in San Francisco, CA

What has been your experice with NACA in San Francisco?

Asked by Frustrated, San Francisco, CA Mon Jun 4, 2012

I have tried using an organizarion called NACA who was in San Franicsco in January. They ahve asked for, and recieved my tax returns, pay stubs, verified my employment, gotten two ears of cancelled rent checks, and verified my credit. Yet they still ask for more, and more, and more material, they claim some of the material "wasn't recieved" and for me to send it again, and again. Six months have gone by and nothing has been accomplishied. The "counselor" and her "supervisor" have hung up on me (saying the cell phone connection was "lost"), never call me back over these questionable "lost" calls, never call me back when I've left messages, and are curt, rude, nasty and complain about my being "hostile" when they behave the way they do. I have read other comments about NACA being "racist," I'm white and both this "counselor" and "supervisor" are black. They are located in Cleveland, which is an odd location to service a Bay Area, no one answers in Oakland. See anything wrong?

Answers

1
NACA by principle is a wonderful organization. There are some things about them that make listing agents weary. I have not dealt with them here in San Francisco. They are quite big in Sacramento. I have dealt with the branch manager in Oakland and she seemed to be on top of her files, though I must tell you that escrow has to go through a NACA approved escrow company and the closest one to us is in Fairfield... that being said it can be difficult when writing a NACA offer on a special circumstances property to get the seller to understand exactly how the program works and the minimal risk involved with working with a buyer financing through NACA. My best advice to you would be for you to take everything that you have and go into the NACA office in Oakland. I find that with organizations such as this that it works better to deal face-to-face... plus you feel vindicated in the fact that the "excuse" of not receiveing your documentation can't be used when you deliver the documents in person.

I know that the journey to homowership can be a tough one even when using programs designed to help put people into homes such as NACA.

If you need any help, please do ot hesitate to contact me and I will share some of my best practices with you... the biggest thing to remember once you do start writing on properties is that you need to have everything well documented to educate sellers and listing agents about what NACA is and how it works... people tend to have trepidation around things they are unfamiliar with so the more you can help them to be in the know the better chace you have of getting the property you have your heart set on.