Mary Shields, Other/Just Looking in New York, NY

What do you think about investing in a home as a rental property in Keansburg at the current time (Summer 09)?

Asked by Mary Shields, New York, NY Tue Jul 28, 2009

Answers

4
I wouldnt move there If I were you, I lived there for 8 yrs & just moved last year. The place is a dump, alot of undesirables & alot of section 8. The school system is HORRENDOUS, do your homewrork especially if you have kids. Research the schools in the town & trust me youll think twice, everything you hear & read about Keansburg online is completely true. People & RE agents will NEVER be honest about Keansburg cause they wanna make their commission, or cause they live there & are in complete denial about their town. Trust me I am blatantly honest & dont care who likes it, I have 4 kids & was there 8 yrs.................its a sh*thole!!! Horrible schools, alot of drugs, people with mental issues & alot of individuals fresh outta jail. Do yourself a favor & look elsewhere..............
I am not looking into investing along the Bay Shore as a seasonal/vacation thing. More as an investment where one could rent a home (as opposed to a townhome or an apartment) to some young couple looking to settle down together.
Absolutely!!...there are some great buys in this town, as long as the numbers make sense. If you can rent the place out and have it pay for itself plus a 25% cushion, it would make sense. I have a great rental property coming on in the next few weeks...send me and email....I will forward the listing.... Good Luck!
JoyDeLucia@yahoo.com
Web Reference: http://www.JoyDeLucia.com
Does anyone rent homes in keansburg for the summer? I would look elsewhere if I were you. Head further south and invest in something in Belmar or Manasquan.