Derek Rotzin…,  in San Diego, CA

What do you predict the San Diego real estate market will do in 2011 and how will it compare to other markets across the nation?

Asked by Derek Rotzinger, San Diego, CA Wed Jan 5, 2011

Answers

2
Jack Flash, , Mount Prospect, IL
Fri Jan 7, 2011
Hi Derek,

Too many factors affect the market for anyone to have much advantage when it comes to forecasting what will happen with respect to unit sales or prices.

I think it's fair to say that there's still downward pressure on prices though, largely because of all of the bank inventory still out there. And unless something significant begins happening to improve employment within our country, it's likely going to be another very soft year.

A lot of people complain that the banks are the problem because they're not lending money easily. I think that's just a reflection of how broke people are these days. As a whole, Americans need to increase their bottom line and start putting more money in the bank. Too many people still live off of credit cards. But that's a whole other story.

I'm not sure what you were looking for with your question. But I hope your 2011 is as good as it can be in all regards.

Jack Jentzen
Prudential Starck Realtors
(224) 234-5276
Kari Shea, Agent, San Diego, CA
Wed Jan 5, 2011
Hi Derek,

We recommend that you Google the Case Schiller reports put out by Standard & Poor and take the time to read them. We encourage Buyers, Sellers & Agents to use the data available to become an expert in their own market area.

While none of us have a crystal ball, all "current economic indicators" show that prices will decrease. How much is yet to be seen. The Case Schiller report shows that California is faring better than other areas nationally.

Best to you,

Mark & Kari Shea
Shea Real Estate
Serving Greater San Diego