What do you believe to be the hottest section of Manhattan for sales right now?

Asked by Elan Gavish, New York, NY Thu Feb 23, 2012

This could include price per square foot, time to close sale, number of transactions, price per unit, etc.

Answers

6
Jenet Levy, Agent, New York, NY
Fri Feb 24, 2012
Elan,
If you are a broker and you are asking this, I suggest you start reading sales data, read market reports, attend meetings at your company, and speak with you Sales Director. This is what you clients should be asking you and you should have answers and reasons why. I would say get out there and do your homework. Learn the market. Manhattan is many mini-markets and very nuanced.
Elena Ravich,…, Agent, New York, NY
Fri Feb 24, 2012
Columbus Circle area is a very popular and great location - close to Central Park, great shopping and very vibrant area
Alen Moshkov…, Agent, New York, NY
Fri Feb 24, 2012
Elan,

I'd agree that Financial District is pretty hot now, but your question as you know is too general.
West Village, Meat Packing and Chelsea gets the highest prices per square foot, with limited inventory. I would also include Upper West Side below 95th street. Tribeca for 3 beds plus never been hotter.

Closing time or # of transactions is really irrelevant. Some areas offer tons of new construction while others barely any. One buyer pays cash, the other looks to finance. These two factors are of very small significance.

~Alen
Vera Aricha…, , New York, NY
Sun Apr 8, 2012
I would say that any property with tax abaitment, safe area and has views ( Any Park or River Views) and close to transportation is hot place, specially Condominiums that are very demanding e traditional Coops.For me there is many area, but the product is is the key.
If you have any questions, please contact 917-378-9673 Vera.
sondra hassm…, Agent, new york, NY
Fri Feb 24, 2012
Mostly All of Manhattan, This is a Great time to Buy or Sell
Elan Gavish, Agent, New York, NY
Fri Feb 24, 2012
Hi Jenet,

I was simply asking for OPINIONS. I have many friends whom are brokers and each has a different opinion as to what area is the hottest and why. The areas range from ever single area in Manhattan. People feel strongly about their "niches". I personaly feel it is the financial district which has seen a huge growth in purchasing and receiving ppsf. With the addition of the transit hub on fulton street coming soon, its a no brainer so your listings on John street shouldnt be a problem to sale. Best of luck! - Elan