Market Conditions in 96825>Question Details

Mikee_a, Home Buyer in Honolulu, HI

What do places sell for in The Moorings at 6370 Hawaii Kai Drive sell for?

Asked by Mikee_a, Honolulu, HI Wed Aug 29, 2007

Is this place more desirable than Enchanted Lake?
Will the new yacht marina impact this place?

My name is Mike Gallagher and I am Broker in Charge at RE/MAX Honlulu.

For prices and statistics on both locations, please review my reports done each month on my website to help you make your decisions.

Not sure what impact a new marina will have on the location. Only time will tell.

Hawaii Kai which is similar to Kailua is experiencing very slow sales right now especially in the upper end. The amount of inventory in escrow with a Just Accpeted Offer (data that is only 4 days old) is 13% as compared to the Island's SFH Avg. of 17%. Kailua is at 18%.

Enchated Lake is at 22%. So you can the movement in Enchanted Lake and all of Kailua right now over the averages and moving very well.

Hawaii Kai's lower % should mean however mean you might have more negotiation with a motivated seller since things are slower there.

The Marina area is fabulous and a great place to be near or on the water and short range will cost you much more than Enchanted Lake but long range gain you more equity than Enchanted Lake...unless you purchase a home on the water in Enchanted Lake.

I live in Kailua and although there is no access to the Ocean from Enchanted Lake you are only 3 miles to boat dock onto fabulous Kailua Bay which is in the Top 10 beach areas of the World. There is a big difference between the waters for boating off of Kailua and Hawaii Kai. I myself am a boater and the waters are much better in Kailua.

I hope this helps.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at

Much Aloha,
Mike Gallagher
Broker in Charge
RE/MAX Honolulu
Watch for the minutes from the April and May meetings at this website:
Notes from the April meeting (not posted online yet). KS/BE is Kamehameha Schhols/Bishop Estate
* Yacht Club site
* Conveyed by deed in 1991, we'll lose it if not used for that purpose
* Currently used for storing maintenance trailers
* Planned for phased development
* Have a current proposal from a developer to lease property, combine
with KS/BE property to build "world class yacht club"
* Possibly co-locate with fuel facility

Let me know if you hae any further questions.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 17, 2008
Aloha Mike,

In the link below, I have inlcuded detailed information on the two properties that sold at the Moorings in the past year, and the properties that are currently on the market:…

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions, feel free to email or call me at 808.232.1233.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 16, 2007
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. There are 2 active listings on the market now for $625,000 and $789,000. No sales since 2006. May 2006 waterfront one closed for $750,000, in September an off water one sold for $581,000 and in December another waterfront at $750,000. Personally I much prefer it over Enchanted Lake - but I'm biased toward Hawaii Kai. The new marina is out on the west side of the island and won't have any impact on Hawaii Kai Marina (again, my opinion). Aloha!
Web Reference:
Pam Winterba…, Real Estate Pro in Danville, VA