What are the selling and pricing prospects for townhomes in Riverside Station - 22191?

Asked by Future 22191 Seller, 22191 Wed Mar 16, 2011

Considering the BRAC/Ft. Belvoir influx and the market as a whole, what are the selling and pricing prospects for a four bedroom, 3.5 bath, 2-car garage luxury townhome in Riverside Station 22191? Any more 10 % bump-ups like last year?

Answers

7
Connie Salta…, Agent, Frederick, MD
Wed May 6, 2015
You need to have your home looked at by a pro. There are many variables to pricing than what you mentioned. There are a lot of homes on the market that are over priced. ... and of course those remain. Most neighborhoods have only seen less than 6% increase, since last year. Let me know if you would like me to send you a market update for that area. Thanks.
Jackiejfortu…, Home Buyer, Woodbridge, VA
Wed Oct 22, 2014
They are priced between 299-350 depending on model and condition.
Dwayne Moyers, Agent, Woodbridge, VA
Mon Mar 21, 2011
You're more likely to ask for an increase in price for your home due to supply and demand in the Lorton, Woodbridge, Stafford area than BRAC having any impact on a qualified buyer purchasing your residence. For the first time in 4 years, Maryanne and I are seeing buyers offer full price on homes in good condition which have been priced according to a Comparitive Market Analysis (CMA). Many of our listings, and contract offers for our current buyers include escalation clauses, and have competing offers with them. Here are some factors to help you decide on the timing of selling your home.
(1) The BRAC realingments will have little impact on the Northern Virginia region. At least 92% of the assignments for personnel in the Washington Military District will remain unchanged. Most changed assignments from D.C. will bring positions to Fort Belvior, Quantico, Dahlgren, & Fort A.P. Hill. These changes will have no impact to the local real estate market as the only change will involve the commute for those affected by BRAC.
(2) According to Builderonline.com builders in the Wash., D.C. area drew 26% more building permits last year than the year before, and 2/3 of these permits were for single family type housing. This is important because those homes will be ready for occupancy in the immediate future. Having a home on the market ahead of avaiable new home inventory will hold the demand in place for your home.
(3) The demand for available housing in good condition in Riverside Station has remained relatively strong even through the recent market downturn. There are only 2 listings currently active in the MLS database. If you decide to sell during the spring market I feel you should list your home at the higner end of a CMA if it is ready to show to potential buyers.

Remember to keep in mind your asking price will be subjected to an appraisal attempting to find value by the buyer's lender. Maryanne and I remain available for any questions or assistance you may need for selling your home. CMA presentations are conducted without fees.

Dwayne Moyers
Avery-Hess Realtors
Serving Northern Virginia
Maryanne (540) 379-7359
Dwayne (540) 446-6284
Jeannie Jarr…, Agent, Dumfries, VA
Thu Mar 17, 2011
Good Morning,

I have sold numerous properties in the Riverside Community and have seen the sales prices differ about $40,000 depending on the condition of the property. The highest that has sold recently was $300,000. This community continues to remain strong and one of our sough after communities.

The advantages you have are that you inbetween two Military bases so for our Military that are transfering in are always looking for a great home in a great community. I belong to Military by owner and as well as three other websites that could market your property. I am a Top Producer in sales over the past three years and would serve you well. I'm a native of the Manassas area and very familiar with the area so I would be able to point out all the good to a prospect.

If you would be interested in a Comparitive Market Analysis so that you can see what has sold compared to you your property please let me know and I would be happy to hand deliver this to your home. It's a great time to get that home listed as we have lot's of buyers but a shortage of good properties. Thank you for your questions and I hope to hear from you soon.

Jeannie Jarrett
Manassas, VA. 20109
703-309-8062 Direct
bryanjeannie00@hotmail.com
http://www.jeanniejarrett.com
Cindy Jones, Agent, Alexandira, VA
Wed Mar 16, 2011
Riverside Station Resident

I have listed and sold 5 townhouses in Riverside Station in the last year. The market is active in the Woodbridge area, my listing on Grosbeak which will go to closing shortly had multiple offers within 48 hours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HAguiGE-eg

There is a misconception that BRAC is bringing a large influx of people to Northern Virginia. Almost 98% of the people who are working in the organizations be relocated to Fort Belvoir and NGA are already in the area.

A lot will depend on when your home goes on the market, the mortgage market (there are changes coming to FHA loans in mid-April) and the overall confidence in the market. If you are looking for more details in reference to your home in Riverside Station please feel free to give me a call at 703-346-2213.
Web Reference:  http://www.cjrealtygroup.com
Janet M Lange, Agent, Centreville, VA
Wed Mar 16, 2011
Dear Riverside Station Home Seller,

DOD BRAC/Ft.Belvoir recommendations were that Ft.Belvoir would double its size from it's 22,000 military and civilian employees to approximately 45,000 by September 2011. Howevever, due to the recession and incomplete infrastructure, the number of employees coming to Ft. Belvoir may not reach that lofty goal by its target date.

Riverside Station sales have remained quite strong over the previous six months. The highest sold was $300k and the lowest was $245k. Riverside Station is conveniently located within walking distance to the VRE Station at Rippon Landing, a short distance to Potomac Mills shopping and the restaurants on Prince William Parkway, making it a very desirable residence.

If you would like more detailed information, please give me a call at 571-722-4348 or send me an email at Janet@JanetLange.com.

Sincerely, Janet Lange, Military Relocation Specialist for Avery-Hess, Realtors Woodbridge
Peggy James, Agent, Lorton, VA
Wed Mar 16, 2011
Hi there,

The BRAC move has brought lots of folks to the area, however many who are crossing the bridge from Maryland are in the same boat as many homeowners in the area. They are upside down on their mortgages.
That is why the rental market is very strong. Finding a good rental is difficult at best. So in that sense so far landlords and investors are at least getting homes rented up.

The question you are asking is the Million $ Question. It is difficult to say if we will see a 10% bump or more. My stock answer is "my chrystal ball is in the shop and I understand all the parts are on bank order!"

Follow the link below and save it as a favorite, as more and more homes come on the market you can watch how the market is trending.

Peggy James
Listing Specialist for Erick and Company.com

703-851-3085 direct

Don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have.