What are the sales trends for 2 bedroom in town condos in Portsmouth for the last 2 years?

Asked by Fanyan, Portsmouth, NH Tue Jan 12, 2010

Answers

2
Ken Lambert, , Exeter, NH
Wed Jan 27, 2010
Hi Fanyan- The last 2 years is important, but not as important as the next 2 years...
Here's some generic info on what might happen in the next year around Portsmouth:
http://www.housingpredictor.com/newhampshire.html

In general, the condo market "in town" here I think is pretty strong, compared to many other areas. 2 Brs always a little better than 1 BRs.
FHA and Fannie Mae have gotten a lot harder on condos- so make sure the place is already on the approved condo list OR that it will qualify. It needs to be in good shape with low delinquencies, and not a huge investor/tenant concentration.

If you need any further help, please let me know. Thanks, and good luck,

Ken L
Steve McGuire, , 03053
Wed Jan 13, 2010
Here is what's happended in the past year - sales are up along with pendings and available homes for sale are about the sames as a year ago (95 vs 94). Price per square foot is almost the same. On the whole the market for sellers is improving, while some bargins can still be found for the buyers.