What are one bedroom condo's going for in the 3rd Ward?

Asked by Gerald Boyle, Milwaukee, WI Wed Jun 18, 2008

I am currently deployed to Afghanistan and after my deployment here I am being sent to D.C. I would like to know how much I can reasonably list my condo for. Original price was $161,000

Answers

3
delete accou…, , Alaska
Mon Jun 30, 2008
Hi Gerry,

First of all, I must tell you that I believe we met a few times through a mutual friend (Shelley) and I hope this finds you well.

There are, of course, many factors to consider when figuring out what you should list your condo for: current competition, pending sales, price per sq. ft., amenities, time of year, etc., but ultimately, the market will determine the final value of your condo.

The first 30 days is critical in the sale of a condo in today's environment. If there are no showings or offers in the first 30 days, you certainly need to re-evaluate your entire strategy, especially price. So therefore, it is important to list your property with a Realtor who will take all factors into consideration with your initial pricing.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you would like any further information.

Ben Groenevelt
None, Agent, Summit, WI
Wed Jun 18, 2008
Hi Gerald,

First off, thank you for your service.

Water Street Lofts start at $179,900 (1BR/1BA/1GA and less than 750 square feet) right now and top out at $269,900. The last two recent sales were at $225,000 (1BR/1BA/1GA and 750-1000 square feet).

I hope that helps.
Web Reference:  http://www.JeffGramins.com
lsdfka kl;fa…, , Milwaukee County, WI
Wed Jun 18, 2008
Hi Gerald,

I am very familiar with your building, my office is right next door. The best comp I could find for you is a one bedroom purchased in 2002 for $199,000 and sold in January of this year for $225,000. This condo is on the Water/River side which accounts for the difference in the original asking price of your unit of $160K. There is new building with in a block that has one bedrooms going for 199K. I would need to take a look at your unit and do a more thorough market analysis, but I have a number in mind for you. Please feel free to email me directly for more information. michaelh@pruar.com.