We were looking at Gulf front 3bd/2ba condos. We stayd at Shoalwater recently and liked that area. We are in no hurry.

Asked by Mikelle, Orange Beach, AL Mon Jun 11, 2012

What about Short sells and Forclosures? More trouble than they are worth? Your thoughts?

Answers

10
Hunter McClure’s answer
Hunter McClu…, Agent, Orange Beach, AL
Thu Feb 14, 2013
Mikelle, if you haven't found something- there are still some great deals out there right now. Just to give you an idea, I preselect the best condos on the market every month and put it into a voice message system- Call 1-800-218-7580 Ext. 1000 to hear The Best Condo Deals. You can also call me direct 24/7 at 251-327-0054.
Leigh McPher…, Agent, Orange Beach, AL
Thu Apr 4, 2013
Hi Mikelle - if you are still looking, then I advise you to be ready to make your move quickly. Inventory is down, and prices are up from a year ago. I would be happy to assist you with just the right deal. You need an experienced (20 years in real estate, 8 with RE/MAX of Orange Beach) agent to skillfully negotiate your purchase - there are still a handful of foreclosures out there, and a few short sales. Call or email me and I will be happy to help. 251-609-9994 - GulfCoastLeigh@gmail.com.
Steve Neitzel, Agent, Cumming, GA
Wed Sep 12, 2012
There are some great prices at the Phoenix Looking right over Perdido Pass! A Great Area to Own on the Beach!
Leigh McPher…, Agent, Orange Beach, AL
Wed Jun 13, 2012
RE short sales: I am a CDPE - Certified Distressed Property Expert and have successfully negotiated numerous short sales - both as a buyer's agent and a seller's agent. Short sales can bring you a GREAT deal (we got one done in February at SeaChase - and it was a super buy for the patient buyer.)
Check out my website at http://www.GulfCoastLeigh.com or call/text me at 251-609-9994 -
Leigh McPherson
RE/MAX of Orange Beach
Top Selling Single Agent
Top 15 - RE/MAX Alabama
GulfCoastLeigh@gmail.com
GulfCoastLeigh.com
Leigh McPher…, Agent, Orange Beach, AL
Wed Jun 13, 2012
Shoalwater, Bluewater, Windward Pointe, Summerchase, Summerhouse, Pelican Point - all similar buildings with good prices now. Call/text me at 251-609-9994 or email me at GulfCoastLeigh@gmail.com. I am the current top selling agent at RE/MAX of Orange Beach and will be happy to assist you.
Catherine Mc…, Agent, Gulf Shores, AL
Mon Jun 11, 2012
Short sales yes, foreclosures no. What price range would you like to stay in? Would you like a large balcony? Adds another "room". You can email me at catherinemcinnis@yahoo.com. I am an agent with Keller Williams in Orange Beach. There are really Fantabulous buys at the beach right now.
Robin Roberts, Agent, Orange Beach, AL
Mon Jun 11, 2012
Shoalwater and other towers near it are great properties. You can get a 3/2 now for around 300k which is a great deal with 25% down you will be very close to cash flowing with depreciation. I wish there were more gulf front foreclosures left. Most of them are gone and I see prices starting to edge up in certain complexes. Depending on the short sale they can be good buys. Would need to find out where the listing agent and the seller are in the process of the short sale. Just closed one that took 4 months, but it was a deal.

I would like to tell you more about the market on the Island.

http://RobinRobertsRealEstate.com

Robin Roberts
251-442-4404
Andy Furr, Agent, Orange Beach, AL
Mon Jun 11, 2012
Mikelle, I specialize in gulf front condos in Orange Beach, AL. Click on the link below to see my web site and a few listings in the area.

http://andyfurr.kwrealty.com

If you want I can create a saved search and when new listings hit the market that fit your search criteria. The listing will automatically be sent to your email.

Please feel free to call me anytime.
251-377-3335

Kind Regards
Andy Furr
Mary McNair, Agent, Fairhope, AL
Mon Jun 11, 2012
I have represented a short sale and although the process does involve some extra steps, I didn't find it especially difficult. The fact that you're not in a great hurry works to your advantage. It's the folks who need to find something yesterday that need to avoid short sales since they can sometimes take longer than the 30 days typical for a standard transaction.

Give me a call or send me a note so I can put my experience to work for you exploring the options in the area, short sale or not. There's a lot still available, so you can still get some great deals.
Jim Olive, Agent, Key West, FL
Mon Jun 11, 2012
Short sales can definitely be more trouble than they are worth. But they can also be the source of a great deal! It all depends on the particulars of the property, case by case. Take a look at my blog on short sales success, but beware, they can also be failures!
http://www.trulia.com/blog/jim_olive/2012/05/short_sales_in_…
Good luck...