Mark,  in Scottsdale, AZ

We've got $300k for a DP, and need a house in SF.

Asked by Mark, Scottsdale, AZ Tue Jun 17, 2008

Credit is mediocre thanks to an injury (broken back - yes, it can be documented) and bills got out of hand. We're rebuilding. Income is in the $9k/mo range from settlement and it's all tax free. Goes on for the rest of my life. Fully funded annuity is the source of it. Because of the wheelchair I need serious space. The average little condo won't do. Need about 1400 to 2500 sq feet. Open as to area. Parking is a must. No stairs. Elevator only if it's above ground level. Two bedrooms/two baths are a must. Don't mind a redo if the price is right. Would consider purchase of a pre-foreclosure or short sale. MUST BE IN SF! Legal requirement for settlement.

Answers

6
Hi Mark,

An reo just come on the market today that would be a good fit for you. It's 3bd/2ba....around 1400 sq. ft. and is in the low 500's. I'm not a mortgage broker and I'm sure that you could qualify for more, but something like this would be nice comfortable payments.
Mark,
Contact Aisling Ferguson of Gurantee Mortgage in SF (415) 345-4318. She is very straight forward and will do everything she says she will do. She also is very, very good about staying in contact with her clients. the rest of your criteria is doable and any of us that live and work in the CIty would be able to send you property links and preview properties for you. We can do the legwork and save you time and trouble by previewing properties for you.
Jed Lane, Real Estate Pro in San Francisco, CA
I would be happy to help provide you your loan options. What are your credit scores?

Tim Wood
Guarantee Mortgage Corp
415-462-2777
415-329-1785 Fax
2257F Larkspur Landing Circle
Larkspur, CA 94939
mailto:twood@gmwest.com
http://www.timwoodloan.com
Dear Mark,

I agree with Rebecca. You need to get pre-approved first. You can go to my website http://www.sallyrosenman.com and go to links/resources and find lenders that are good. Tim Wood is an excellent mortgage broker and I am going to ask him to answer your questions about funding. This is most important. No one takes an offer without a letter of pre-approval from an institutional lender.

There are condo complexes with space that have elevators - mainly in the north end of town. You do not say where you wish to live -- that is also very important. You can also learn about the different districts on my website.

Good luck on your search. I am available to help if you so wish.

Cheers,

Sally
Mark,
Please feel free to contact me regarding the various neighborhoods and options you may have. I was born and raised in the City and have lived here for over 30 years. It is unclear how much you know about San Francisco, and it would not be doing you justice to respond based on the information you've provided. Either way, best wishes on your move here.
-Greg
You have a good down payment and good income. It shouldn't be too difficult to find a house that you can afford. The tricky thing will be qualifying for it.

I'd be happy to email some listings to you but my suggestion is to get pre-approved first. Then you'll know what price range you can afford. I'm sure some lenders will chime in here or I can recommend a few.

How soon do you need something? Any neighborhoods in particular?