We have an option to list our Miami home either this October or next March. All else being equal, which month would be better?

Asked by Zekedog, Florida Mon Aug 26, 2013

Answers

20
Maria Diaz, Agent, MIAMI LAKES, FL
Thu Aug 29, 2013
Hello, the inventory of available houses for sale has decreased, properties are selling very quickly .thus, any month is good to put your property on sale nowadays. A tipical listing contract takes 6 months and the property should be sold before this time. If you want my help , you can reach me by marilindiaz@gmail.com Best regards Maria D Diaz
Yanoska Diaz, Agent, Miami, FL
Tue Aug 27, 2013
In general other than the lack of inventory there is always a "rush" at the end of every year in order to claim homestead before a new assessment. If you purchase a property in March of 2014 then you will have to wait until the following year to claim your homestead exemption.
Julia Pulles, Agent, Coral Gables, FL
Tue Aug 27, 2013
Dear Zekedog: Your inquiry came back up so I'm going to cut/paste my earlier reply as it may not have made its way to you:

"It really depends on the neighborhood and if you are willing to throw the dice because no one can really speculate on the future. At your convenience, please call me so we can discuss this further."

Thank you again for your consideration. Julia Pulles

Julia C. Pulles
COLDWELL BANKER Residential Real Estate
Pulles & Associates Team
Cellular: 305.962.SOLD (7653)
Julia@Pulles.com http://www.Pulles.com
Fax: 305.779.7735

Coldwell Banker Previews International® Specialist
Florida REALTORS® District 4 Director
Coral Gables Chamber of Commerce Certified Marketing and Sales Specialist
CHMS (Certified Home Marketing Specialist)
International President's Premiere
Florida Top 100
Ines Hegedus…, Agent, Miami, FL
Tue Aug 27, 2013
Depending on where the house is located, end of August to Thanksgiving are hot and busy markets (expecing movement to dwindle from Thanksgiving to January 1st). Then the market pics up again on January 2nd. April and May are also busy months slowing down in the summer.
Speak to an agent in your immediate area and ask what they recommend. Because inventories are low in certain areas, the date may not even make a difference but there are many factors to consider including the price range and condition of your homes.

Good luck - and take a look at this staging article I wrote to help you get your home ready for selling

http://www.miamism.com/staging-is-useless-why-you-should-nev…

Ines
Leonardo da…, Agent, Doral, FL
Tue Aug 27, 2013
Dear Zekedog: this is a decision that has many variables. Each person, and each family, has a different perspective of what is important whenever they decide to sell Real Estate. Financial Constraints, Need to raise cash for a new investment, different Motivations, need to move out, kids going to a different school, etc., etc..... Now , Each Property, its location, its type, its appeal to a certain public or the other, can ALSO have different ways of being reviewed and influence on your decision. That is why we, professional Realtors are here: to help you, to pinpoint factors, to take into consideration your specific needs and your property possibilities, so that you, the Seller, can use that information, and make your best decision. I am a Broker, with over 10 years in the market, and I would be honored if I can be that Realtor to work with you for this Listing. Please contact me , so we can get started at your earliest convenience.

Leonardo da Motta (Leo),
Broker Associate
Real Living
Doral, Florida
Cell: (305) 205- 8912
Fax: (305) 471-0885
Email: LeoMiamiHomes@gmail.com
Skype: nardinho2007
Lila Lopez, Agent, South Miami, FL
Tue Aug 27, 2013
Good Morning,

As you can see the consensus is that now would be a good time to place your home on the market due to the low inventory levels at this time. The answer to your question really lies with what your goals are once you have sold this property. If your lease is due to end at the end of October, you can place your home on the market now with the full disclosure that the property does have a tenant, with a lease expiring at the end of October. Depending on the type of property you have, it is even possible that the person that purchases it, may wish to keep the tenant and they can then renegotiate a new lease. Again, this would depend on why you are looking to sell and what your plans will be once you have sold this property.

Please feel free to contact me if you should have any additional questions.

Lila Lopez
RE/MAX Advance Realty
homesbylila@yahoo.com
305-772-2521
Sheri Davis, , Florida
Tue Aug 27, 2013
In my opinion! List this October. We are entering a sellers market and lacking inventory. It's all about timing to get the highest dollar possible in the shortest amount of time. Now is the time to sell! If you need assisted do contact me.

Sheri Davis
Sheri@sheritherealtor.com
http://Www.sheritherealtor.com
Nereida Figu…, Agent, Miami, FL
Tue Aug 27, 2013
The perfect time is when you as a seller is ready because you know your needs. Time for repairs or cosmetic repairs have to be set up and it take time to help property to sell fast. Your moving details take time and if you need help more than glad to provide another details call at 305 519-3199
Juan Mendoza, Agent, Sunset, FL
Mon Aug 26, 2013
At this time will be the best time to sell. The inventory of homes for sale are very low. I believe you can get the highest price at this time. If the bank decide to release their shadow inventory next year prices will drop.

Juan medoza

305-968-5657
Alberto Baca, Agent, Miami, FL
Mon Aug 26, 2013
This will depend on whether you are buying a house in the process. If you want to buy a house in Miami you're better off finding the new one and then listing your home. If you list to sell or rent your home now you will have many interested buyers because of low inventory and nobody can reassure you that in March we will continue to have low inventory.

Alberto Baca
The Keyes Company
305-218-2504
Joyce Palma, Agent, Doral, FL
Mon Aug 26, 2013
I believe this month would be better because there is less inventory at this moment and we have more buyers. We do not have enough homes for the number of buyers looking for homes. This situation creates higher offers. We also have many buyers with cash at this moment. If you do need my help to list your home please call me at (786)295-9713.
Joyce Palma.
Gustavo Diliz, Agent, Aventura, FL
Mon Aug 26, 2013
All depends if the listing is for rental or for selling. Rentals are very quickly now a days, we have a high demand. For sale is also fast. and the first buyers are hurry to buy before the end of the year because in that way they are ready to ask for their tax exemption from Jan to March/2014.
You can contact to me through this web site if you need more information.. Thanks.

Gustavo Diliz
Yaffe International Realty
Alan Drecksl…, , Miami, FL
Mon Aug 26, 2013
Their is a limited inventory in the market today and it depends on numerous factors. Depending on the condition of the house, location, bedroom count, etc., houses that are priced right sell rather quickly. We are fortunate to have an international market in Miami so it really depends on your needs and time frame. You can call me to discuss these and other concerns that you have any time. Thank you. Alan Drecksler with Rose Realty and Associates Inc. 3059845300
Manolo Abreu, , Miami, FL
Mon Aug 26, 2013
I can list your property, show it, close right after the lease is up and charge commission at a discount. feel free to call me thank you
Julia Pulles, Agent, Coral Gables, FL
Mon Aug 26, 2013
It really depends on the neighborhood and if you are willing to throw the dice because no one can really speculate on the future. At your convenience, please call me so we can discuss this further. Thank you for your consideration. Julia Pulles

Julia C. Pulles
COLDWELL BANKER Residential Real Estate
Pulles & Associates Team
Cellular: 305.962.SOLD (7653)
Julia@Pulles.com
http://www.Pulles.com
Fax: 305.779.7735

Florida REALTORS® District 4 Director
International President's Premiere
Florida Top 100

Thank You For Referring Your Friends, Family and Colleagues to Me For All of Their Real Estate Needs.Best Regards to You, Julia.
Nilsa Rivera, Agent, CELEBRATION, FL
Mon Aug 26, 2013
Please contact me for any additional questions. I can list any property any place in Florida.
Zekedog, Home Buyer, Florida
Mon Aug 26, 2013
I have tenants in now. Can't sell until late October at the earliest. Trying to decide whether to extend lease to spring? Would that give us a better value - to list in Spring vs. Fall??
Nilsa Rivera, Agent, CELEBRATION, FL
Mon Aug 26, 2013
Any month right now is a good month to list the property. There are more buyers right now and inventory is low.
It's a great time to sell.
It also depends on your needs.
Pablo Torres, Agent, Miami, FL
Mon Aug 26, 2013
Now is a great time to sell. Interest rates are still competitive.

Feel free to contact.

Pablo Torres,MBA
AF Realty,LLC
786-205-6988
pabtorres@aol.com
http://www.miamibuyproperties.com
Manolo Abreu, , Miami, FL
Mon Aug 26, 2013
Probably now as the sellers market continues to get stronger, which let's you list the property and pick and choose the offer you accept, I'd be more than happy to help you give me a call.