Market Conditions in Denver>Question Details

AKnest, Home Seller in Denver, CO

We are putting our Whittier house on the market at the end of Nov. Are there a lot of buyers looking in this area of Denver, even around the holidays?

Asked by AKnest, Denver, CO Sun Nov 10, 2013

Even though most people are trying to fit even more into their busy schedules during the holidays, there are still plenty of serious buyers at that time of the year. When I first started in the real estate business I thought the holidays would be slow and quiet. I was surprised at the activity and the amount of families that are hoping to move into a new property. I would move ahead with your listing at the end of November. Perhaps you won't have the amount of traffic and showings you might have in July but the buyers that come to view your home are truly serious.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 11, 2013
Great responses, so to sum it up, YES! during the holidays buyers are more SERIOUS! and you may have less competition. Staging the home properly specifically for the holidays is an important factor. One wrong detail could send an interested/qualified buyer running. I would love to serve you!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 11, 2013
WOW! Thanks so much for the swift responses and educated answers. I feel better about the listing. I hope Whittier remains 'Hot' in sales within the coming months. Thanks again.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 11, 2013
I'm sure it will remain hot. Whittier has so much charm, originality, and proximity to downtown and the medical facilities it will only continue to appreciate. I am confident you will do well when you list it as long as you prepare it for sale well and price it appropriately! Best wishes.
Flag Tue Nov 12, 2013
Many folks think the holidays are a bad time to list... and decide to list in the spring. Therefore your home goes up against MANY more homes and pricing becomes more subject (competition!). The amount of buyers is constant and they are still buying in the holiday season. You should get better offers at this time for that reason. I would be more than happy to talk with you about the sell of you home.
Web Reference:
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 10, 2013

As everyone as stated, if priced correctly it will sell even around the holidays. Whittier has been coming up for a while now too and with the relatively low number of homes for sale at this time, it is a great time to list your home for sale. Please call or email me..I would be happy to discuss further.

Michael Turner
Lead Properties
720 300 0889
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 10, 2013
Let me know if you would like me to do a market analysis for you and get some prices together for you. I'm also an ex interior designer and this helps my clients a great deal when it comes to staging your home for the best possible profit.
If the home is priced right, and shows well, it will go quickly regardless of this being the holiday season. There is still such low inventory, things have not slowed much for me.

Thank you
Amie Morozs, realtor
Cherry Creek Properties
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 10, 2013
Serious buyers remain house hunting during the Holiday Season. Especially since inventory has remained low and continues to dwindle. But your home will need specific things to sell quickly during that time frame. 1. Heavy internet exposure with great pictures. 2. Must be on the MLS. 3. The home should be staged to show extremely well. 4. The home will need to be priced right for the condition it is in. Be wary that the comps of the Spring and Summer are high and lately have proven to be difficult for buyers to agree with. Listen to your Real Estate Broker's advice on price and possible minor/major improvements to do before hitting the market.

Best of Luck!! If you want more tips and direction, shoot me an email at
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 10, 2013
Absolutely! Whittier is one of the hottest neighborhoods and the inventory is tight. You home should sell quickly, granted it is priced correctly and shows well. If you need any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Marina Bay
Cherry Creek Properties
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 10, 2013
The current market is not as wild as in the first two quarters of 2013 but still better then 2012. That being said if the house is priced right it will get attention.

Munish Rajpal
Cherry Creek Properties, LLC
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 10, 2013
Hi. Yes, Whittier is a very popular area especially with younger buyers loking for some old school charm. With the holidays there will be fewer, but they're going to be much more serious and motivated. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance with positioning your house to sell quickly!

Tony & Karen
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 10, 2013
What will your price be & what is the size? I have a few buyers for the area. Please post or send me info & pics to Thanks, Nicci
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 10, 2013
Yes, there are still lots of buyers out there although mid-November thru the end of January are the slowest months. It oftentimes takes a little longer to get under contract during this time period. The buyers that are looking, however, are very sincere! Your area is in demand right now!
I have sold the Central Denver area for 22 years and have taught real estate contract law. I would be glad to give you a market analysis and help you with the sale of your home! I look forward to hearing from you!

Kayla Okafor, MBA
Denver Real Estate Connection
Owner/Employing Broker
Ofc: 303-455-0244
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 10, 2013
Hello! If your home is marketed properly and the price is consistent with the market, there are always buyers out looking. I would appreciate a chance to discuss how I could market your property correctly and set a price with you that will bring you buyers. You can contact me at (303) 887-1358
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 10, 2013
I have quite a few buyers looking to be in their new home by christmas or first of year. I would be happy to see if your home fits their criteria.

Rochelle Landau
Peak Properties Group
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 10, 2013
Hi AKnest: Did you put your house on the market? If so, how did you do? It is always interesting to hear back about what sellers and buyers finally decided and how it worked out. Let us know! Best, Ron Rovtar, Berhkshire Hathaway HomeServices/Real Estate of the Rockies
Whittier is an excellent neighborhood and continues to improve. The Whittier neighborhood as a whole was up 14% in 2013, and it continues to remain strong. It's a great time to list a home for sale in that neighborhood, because inventory is low, and demand is strong! What a great time to sell your home.
HI Aknest: With inventory as low as it is, the Holiday season may actually be one of the best times to market a home during the next 12 months. Depending on the price I also have clients who might be interested.

Yes, Whittier is still hot! Best wishes.
Sure. And the holidays give you a chance to show off your home with great decorations. This is a wonderful time of year to sell your home. If you are interviewing agents, I have references in your community.

The inventory is still low in Whittier and there are buyers on long lists waiting to get in. As a former resident of Whittier, I wish you success; but would say, think twice before moving and walking away from this great area. I made that mistake years ago and now can't afford to get back in there myself. Let me know if I can help you with your decisions and your sale.

Robert McGuire ASR
Your Castle Real Estate
Direct - 303-669-1246
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 16, 2013
As many have already answers, I have several buyers looking for a home now and there's not a lot of selection. Please list it! Good Luck!

Rachelle M Paplow
Broker Associate, Realtor
Cherry Creek Properties, LLC
(720) 839-2659
Yes please put it on! I too have a Whittier buyer and we are ready to go, nothing to sell, financing in place. We have been looking for two months and have not found the right place. Please have your listing broker call me when it goes on the market. I'd love to get my client in there to see if it's the perfect space for her.

Buyers are here ~ ready and waiting for new inventory. Thanks!
Yes! because of the neighborhood your in. As long as it's priced and displayed properly. Best of luck if I can do anything to help let me know. I live in five points and I'm very familiar with Whittier.
Last Friday we entered a new listing in Whittier for public viewing. We received four showings on Saturday and Sunday, one scheduled for a second showing Tuesday, and a fifth from another buyer as well. I am a past Whittier resident currently living in Cheesman Park, and have always said there are buyers out there for "Christmas Victorians". If you have not firmed up a Realtor, I would love to talk with you as I know Whittier very well. If you have, best of luck to you. Regards, Mark Nelson Distinctive Properties
Yes, there are always buyers waiting for the right property to come on the market and those are the buyers that you want to tap into if you can. They know the market, are usually pre-approved, may have lost out on a property already and are ready to go. If you don't sell to those buyers, you have to wait until new buyers come on the market. Whittier is an up and coming neighborhood. If your house is priced right, you should have no problems selling. Cindy Robertson Innovative Real Estate
Wittier remains very hot. At the end of last quarter, there was less than one month's active inventory and average days on market was less than a month.
As for slowing down, we aren't seeing signs of the normal lagging of activity (often measured by showings/active listing/month) which indicates that, even during the usually pokey holiday season, homes will continue to sell.
And, with expected increases in interest rates which will impact affordability, buyers are staying active and this should mean that sales will remain good through the end of the year.
Chuck Strauss
Your Castle Real Estate
You have had so many responses to your question! Hopefully, you are very encouraged at your future listing prospect after hearing so much positive information. As we all know, selling or buying a real estate property is one of the largest investments most people make, whether a $100,000 condo or a $500,000 home. It can be an emotional experience and takes a lot of understanding and expertise on both sides of the sale. After your encouraging day of responses I sincerely hope to hear from you and to help you in your future transaction. I would be very glad to provide references from other satisfied buyers and sellers. I'm sure you have a lot to think about. Again, I look forward to hearing from you.
Kayla Okafor
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 10, 2013