Market Conditions in 59808>Question Details

Jtumbleweed, Home Buyer in 59808

We are interested in buying a home in Missoula. Especially in the Grant Creek, is it a good time to buy?

Asked by Jtumbleweed, 59808 Thu May 21, 2009

missouladeborah’s answer
Hello Jtumbleweed,

Although the volume in the number of sales is up over the past few months, the prices of homes are staying relatively stable, and the interest rates on loans are still historically low.
The market is showing signs of both of these contributing factors to be rising, so I believe we have hit the low and will now see a steady increase.
Your first step, if you haven't already done so, is to meet with your lender and obtain a pre-approval if you will be needing a loan for purchase.

Hope this information helped you.

Deborah Gladback, Realtor
3011 American Way
Missoula, MT 59808
(406) 546-2388
No one has a crystal ball. Buying a home allows you to put down roots. Rates are really at an all time low. Do your research on value, then go find a great deal!
I have lived in the Grant creek area for 6 years. I commute to and from work 10-15 min to anywhere. I do not agree about the I 90 intersection being a traffic snarl. You might have a little wait if your coming from Starbucks every morning, but most people are gracious enough to let you in.

If you have not found your Grant Creek dream home I encourage you to take a look at Or Both of these properties will let you live the Montana dream and you would have a second acess point from Dodd Ranch.

We could not have been happier with our decision to live in Grant Creek. It is the most beautiful area in Missoula.
I live in Grant Creek. The traffic is not bad AT ALL. Instead, what you get is the feeling of "living out", with great views, but only a quick dive [10 min., max] into any place downtown. You hear the elk in summer/fall and enjoy Snow Bowl in winter. It is a perfect place to live!

Homes here are more expensive than other places in Missoula, but like Ty said, it's a buyer's market still and you are in a nice position. I sure we had bought our house in this market insead!
Grant Creek is a big traffic snarl at the Reserve St I-90 exit. Try it out sometime, it sucks. Buy in Goodan-Keil area 2 miles west on I-90 instead. Easy on/off to get in and out, no traffic.

I am a Realtor in Missoula and have lived here since 1991. This is the first time in most peoples memory when interest rates are down and prices are down as well. I just did a CMA for a home in the Grant Creek area and was amazed at how long things have been on the market and also at the price reductions. There are however some variables that need to be considered. If you are in the market for a home $330k and lower then on market time is about 70 days and you can expect to see sellers take 3% to 4% off of listing price. Where as if you are looking at home over $350 the on market time is 150 days and climbs to almost 500 days for homes over $400k. You are really in the drivers seat in this case! If you have more questions or need more info, pleas don't hesitate to contact me.

Ty Robinson - Healthy. Happy. Home.
Prudential Montana Real Estate
(406) 880 - 0196
Web Reference:
It is an extremely good time to buy. I don't work down in that market, as Missoula is 2+ hours from my home area of Kalispell in the Flathead area of Montana. Their market is very similar to ours. I have tracked my out-of-state cell phone traffic and I am 20% ahead of last year, and my sales reflect that. I believe our market has already bottomed out and is on a slow climb upward, so prices for buyers is fantastic. Combine that with really low interest rates and you can really come out a winner. If you need to find good real estate agent in that area, contact me and I can refer someone to you. Good Luck!
Terry Pietron, GRI, ePro
Century 21 Glacier Gateway
738 9th St W
Columbia Falls, MT 59912

(406) 892-6585 Office
(406) 270-7894 Cell Phone
(406) 892-6588 Office Fax
It's a great time to buy. I am selling my house right now, but it's in Linda Vista, South side). Lots of lookers, but not much moving.