fergusonland…, Other/Just Looking in New York, NY

Was there flooding in this area during super storm sandy? ( Thompson Street)...

Asked by fergusonlandscapeservice, New York, NY Thu Sep 12, 2013

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/3058148697-Condo-New-York-NY-10012

Answers

3
Jenet Levy, Agent, New York, NY
Thu Sep 12, 2013
Hi.
No there was not flooding in the Village at this location during Sandy. There was, however, a lack of power for a period of time. The listing you are citing does not appear to be a legitimate listing. It appears to be a scam. Any legitimate listing of a reputable company will always have the full address and the apartment number. This is either a total bait and switch, or this person is advertising the listing of another company to try to get buyers, which is not permitted in the Real Estate Board of New York.
I would highly recommend you use a skilled and experienced agent as your buyer's agent. We use the agent database, represent your interests, and guide you through every step of the process. It costs you nothing and saves you time, money and aggravation.

Jenet Levy
Halstead Property, LLC
jlevy@halstead.com
212 381-4268
http://jenetlevy.halstead.com
Adina Greenb…, Agent, NY,
Thu Sep 12, 2013
I can't answer that question, but I have doubts this listing is for real. When an owner wants to sell his apartment (or house), he/she signs an exclusive agreement with a broker who then immediately put the listing on his brokers website. from there, the listing will be distributed to all other firms internal system. When there is no real address, it's more likely a so called open listing, or even worse a bait and switch. Without a real address, nobody will be able to see if this building was flodded or had water damage after Sandy
Masha Sales, Agent, NY,
Fri Sep 13, 2013
There were no flooding there but the listing was sold for $610K about 4 months ago, this is photos for 184 Thompson, Apt 4H.
Hope it helps, please let me know if you have any questions,
Masha