Connie, here are a couple of suggestions:
1. if you plan on selling, then have pre-listing inspection, and here's why:
Just like a pre-certified automobile commands a better price, so can a pre-listing inspection.
Most potential homebuyers want to purchase a home that is in tip-top shape, no matter the age of the home. That's why having a pre-listing inspection make complete sense.
Here Are A Few Of The Important Benefits Of Having The Home Inspected BEFORE It Gets Put On The Market:
1. Helps buyers feel immediately more comfortable with the property.
2. Increases the homebuyer's perceived value of the property - Plus, think about the auto industry and pre-certified-inspected cars. Buyers pay more.
3. Gives the seller the opportunity to eliminate certain defects before the buyer's arrive.
4. Allows the sellers the proper time to make any needed repairs in order to more effectively
market the home in the most positive light.
5. I have a network of trusted professionals to help with the repairs.
6. Reduces the likelihood that buyers will hire their own inspector but of course they will.
7. Reduces the likelihood of costly surprises being found by a buyer's inspector after the sellers
thought they had a firm offer.
8. Virtually eliminates emotionally and financially draining renegotiations. Who wants the home to sit on the market 6-9 months, then an inspector discovers a major item which could have been repaired a long time ago? Then the house is up for sale again-so eliminate the "been there, done that" scenario.
9. Increases the likelihood that serious offers will turn into closings.
10. Reduces the buyer's negotiating leverage regarding the existing property conditions.
So let's review the facts: Having the home inspected before the first buyer shows up will allow
the home to be sold for more money, reduce the cost of the needed repairs, and minimize the
frustration with the entire sales process. So where's the down side to getting a Pre-Listing
2. If you plan on renting, then have the home inspected for safety issues to reduce your liability. You can also make repairs in the process, so you can get the home in tip top shape to get a higher sale price. This way you are building value for the sale.
Call Peter Bennett 732-245-9817
You can review more information about me and my services at http://wwwafullhouseinspection.com