WAY TOO MUCH FOR THIS PROPERTY! you'll never sell it for that much. Let us know when the price is reasonable for our economy.

Asked by Nancy Greene, McCloud, CA Wed Dec 18, 2013

This question was asked from http://=www.trulia.com%2Fproperty%2F1075768703-540-Oak-St-McCloud-C… target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">http://www.trulia.com/property/1075768703-540-Oak-St-McCloud…

Answers

5
Tim Moore, Agent, Kitty Hawk, NC
Wed Dec 18, 2013
I hear people say this all the time before the property goes under contract and sells. You are entitled to your opinion, but you could be wrong.
Augusta Meye…, Agent, Weed, CA
Fri Jan 3, 2014
Hi Nancy, Our local Siskiyou County real estate market can be confusing. On any one block might be found bargain deals in bank owned foreclosures with evidence of some distress next door to a property owned by a private individual showing pride of ownership and hopeful expectation in pricing. Of course, be sure to ask you real estate agent for all comparable sales in your area, but also ask for a list of properties that are in escrow (contingent). If you have the time in your search watch those that are contingent and see at what price they close. Keep your finger on the pulse and you will know when and how to pull the trigger.
Annette Law…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Thu Dec 19, 2013
Hi Nancy,
I think I heard from another just like you last month.
Called me directly and said, "Way too much for this property!"
"How much would you buy it for?" I responded.
"Not a dime over $200,000!" was the authoritative declaration.
-
Closing this week on this home purchased at $265,00.
-
Let's be clear, there are homes for sale at $200,000 that can be purchased.
My caller and you would be well advised to shop in the price bracket in which a purchase can be made. Shopping the 300 bracket and expecting to pay 200 is not the formula for success..
-
Trevolyn Hai…, Agent, Highland, CA
Thu Dec 19, 2013
Maybe, maybe not. Either way, my suggestion is that you not wait but look at the recent sold comps in the area, compare things such as condition & location, and then make a written offer to the seller now.
Walter 'Skip'…, Agent, Brea, CA
Wed Dec 18, 2013
Hi Nancy,
Just curious......what do you think is a reasonable price for this property?