Three part question: Looking through Trulia reports, I noted that stats were posted only for Feb - July.

Asked by Ann George, 30094 Sun Aug 19, 2007

1) Should I take this to imply that sales for the remainder of the months are inconsequential?
2) In general, is it better to postpone listing a house until early February?
3) Does Trulia track home sales statistics for the months August - January and are those statistics available?

Answers

4
Tary Drouault, Agent, Duluth, GA
Sun Aug 19, 2007
I am not sure how Trulia tracks the home sale information. However, I do know that it takes time to compile the information so that is probably why it is tracked through the end of July...as we are only 2 1/2 weeks into August at this point. In my opinion, now is still a great time to list your home. There are a lot of home buyers looking for the perfect home and yours could be it! :)
Emily Erekuff, Home Owner, Menifee, CA
Tue Aug 28, 2007
Hi Ann,

We started publishing our Trulia Trends reports in January 2007 and we will continue to publish them each month. There is nothing implied by the fact that reports don't exist for dates prior.

Best Wishes,

Emily Gibson
Customer Service Representative
Joshua Jarvis, Agent, Duluth, GA
Mon Aug 20, 2007
1. When an Agent or Appraiser does an analysis we try to use a 6 month window, so does Trulia.
2. There are plusses and minuses to listing a home in late winter/ early spring. Spring and Summer see more sales, but also more competition, while Fall and Winter typically have fewer buyers, those buyers HAVE to buy, usually.
3. Yes, it's dependent on the time of year you are on. Wait a few months and you'll see August pop up. Most sales information is not real time. Our tax records show MAY 07 right now. So next month I'll know what sold in June, then July ... etc
Web Reference:  http://www.jrjarvis.com
Carrie Crowe…, Agent, Southaven, MS
Sun Aug 19, 2007
Hi Ann,
My guess would be that they only show the last six months. Most comps use six months or less. I would say less in this market. Depending on what your search was, if you were looking up past sales, it may only go back six months.
Web Reference:  http://carriecrowell.com