There is a lot of talk of a softening real estate market. How would you describe the real estate market in Tiburon?

Asked by J.P., Tampa, FL Mon Apr 23, 2007

How long do homes typically sit on the market in this city?

Answers

5
Ian Charles, , Tiburon, CA
Fri Jan 2, 2009
OK--give me you honest opinions. I'm writing an article on Real Estate in Marin--give me your opinions on the environment, sales, prices, buyers and the what the future holds for our market. Prices are down year over year and thats a fact but help me frame the environment in terms of how buyers and sellers should view the current market.
Phillipa Cri…, Agent, Tiburon, CA
Fri May 9, 2008
Ten homes sold in Tiburon in April (4 more than in March), the average sale price was $2,016,642 and the days on the market for these sold homes was 62. One home is about to be sold. Nineteen single family homes are listed for sale, eleven of those homes were new to the market in April. Average days on the market for the active homes is 56 and the average list price is $3,101,421 Two condominiums sold in March, the average sold price was $762,500. Average days on the market for these sold condos was 76.There are 5 active condominium listings, their average price is $1,067,000. A caveat is that you need to be aware of the history of the property, has it been on the market before with the same agent or another agent and at what price.. Your agent should be able to provide these figures to you.
Kelley Eling, Agent, San Anselmo, CA
Wed Oct 31, 2007
You can see monthly city by city statistics by clicking on the link below--which is updated monthly.
Eduardo Gute…, Agent, San Rafael, CA
Mon Apr 23, 2007
Living is Tiburon is so desirable that national and statewide trends are largely nullified. As elsewhere in the county, prices are edging upwards. There is a limited supply of homes and a constant demand; people want to live here and the prices support it. Home are on market approximately 40-60 days.
Bill Smith a…, Agent, Tiburon, CA
Mon Apr 23, 2007
The real estate market in Tiburon is still strong. Homes in all price categories are selling well but they must be in good condition and well priced. Houses in this category will sell quickly.