The zip for Anthem AZ has over 1000 homes listed

Asked by Blitz, Colorado Sat Mar 8, 2008

that supply equates to what length of time

Answers

3
James Wehner, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Sat Mar 8, 2008
In our local MLS system, the number of homes currently listed in the city of Anthem (not the zip code) is 609 as of 3/8/08. There are 69 pending sales and 30 of those are from the last 30 days. 16 homes have sold in the last 30 days and 30 homes the prior 30 days. At the current rate of sales, averaging the last 2 months (23/ month), if would be 26 months supply.

I don''t know if you currently live in Anthem and are looking to sell a home, or you are considering a purchase, but one factor that has dramatically been impacting the sales in that area is the current and futur planned highway widening of I-17. The traffic has been a nightmare for commuters living in that region.

Below is a link you may reference for sales data from the last quarter of 2007.
Jerry Murphy, Agent, Anthem, AZ
Sat Mar 15, 2008
Hi Blitz,

I am a Realtor that actually lives in Anthem. Rod answered the question well as to the length of time on market here in Anthem, but his comment about I-17 is misfounded. In fact there are a lot of misconceptions about Anthem. Yes, there is construction going on I-17 to expand it to 4 lanes going north and south. However, I have noticed that since the beginning of this construction that traffic has actually become BETTER. It has slowed people down, made them more cautious and thereby reduced the number of accidents on that stretch of highway.

Regarding Anthem real estate, it is definitely picking up. We have more homes pending sales now than we have had in almost two years. Anthem, much like most of the other new communities in the Phoenix valley was subject to a lot of speculation during the boom time of 2004/05. And now, as we have seen in many locations, that speculation has killed the market. That being said, Anthem is still a terrific place to live. In fact this weekend is Anthem Days, our annual two-day event with a carnival and trades fair.

For more information about Anthem, Phoenix, or Scottsdale real estate please visit our website at:

http://www.ArizonaPremiereLiving.com
Temporarily…, , Tempe, AZ
Sat Mar 8, 2008
That depends on the current rate of sales, which for February was 52. So since their are currently 1,041 single family home listings in the Arizona Regional Listing Service for zip 85086, that works out to about a 20 month supply.
Web Reference:  http://rodsellsazhomes.com