Market Conditions in El Paso>Question Details

Marilyn, Home Seller in 79936

The sq. footage of my house is incorrect on my property records. How do I get this corrected? It is listed at 1400 sq. ft. and is actually 1650 sq.ft

Asked by Marilyn, 79936 Mon Jul 26, 2010

Help the community by answering this question:


You would contact your City's or County's assessor's office. Be prepared for a possible increase in your home's taxes though!! Also, the building inspector may pay you a visit to try and figure out how your home "grew." A good appraiser will measure your home properly and then try to reconcile any differences between the property card and his/her measurements, and explain them in the appriasal report.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 26, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer