The Sold homes shown are NOT at all comparable to Lexington Club.

Asked by Aaron Rosenberg, Delray Beach, FL Tue Dec 25, 2012

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/homes/Florida/Delray_Beach/sold/261131…

Answers

7
Gene Platt, Agent, West Palm Beach, FL
Wed Jan 16, 2013
Hello Aaron:

What the agent mentioned below is true. I lived in Delray Beach for 8 years. Call me or we can meet at my office to talk about finding you the best suited home in your price range. We are a member of Leading Real Estate Companies of The World (The largest Relocation Network).

Gene Platt REALTOR®
Illustrated Properties Real Estate
(561) 632-5400
genedpla@gmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/ShowMePalmBeach
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Tue Jan 8, 2013
The problem is sites like Trulia and Zillow are not meant to be true market values but estimates. The program used to estimate these values are too vague and the computer does not know the difference between neighborhoods or specific complexes. There is no adjustments for condition, amenities, upgrades, garages, finished basement, being on the water or such. the only true way to get a current markety value is by calling a local well experienced real estate agent who can easily and quickly give you a realistic value in todays dollars.
Estelle Ratt…, Agent, Mount Laurel, NJ
Tue Jan 8, 2013
I agree with all the other agent's remarks. I have had problems with these sites too. The people who input the information, especially the schools and comps have no clue about the Real Estate industry. Use them just to find a property and seek out a great agent who knows the local market.
My NC Homes…, Agent, Chapel Hill, NC
Wed Dec 26, 2012
This is why Buyers and Sellers are wise to find and use an experienced local Realtor and more or less ignore online estimates of Value. Zillow's Zestimate was created as a marketing tool. (Remember Sites like Zillow and Trulia are not real estate sites per se, but rather Internet marketing sites with the customers being licensed Realtors and Lenders who pay them for advertising) They should have dropped this years ago. Now Trulia feels like they need to compete and has started offering worthless estimates of value. Here's the bottom line these online estimates of value are on par with the horoscopes printed in your local paper, perhaps interesting to read but basically worthless. I've never seen a single online estimate that claimed to be any more than within 10% of true value 80% of the time. Many miss by even more than this. When they are right it's nothing more than statistical luck and nothing more.

Neither Zillow or Trulia has ever seen a single home listed on their site, has no experienced full time Realtors working with them and no one on the ground in any of the locations they so blithely offer estimates on. The only way the public can truly get a good valuation is working with an experienced local Realtor.

Go find yourself a local Realtor, I've attached a link below on how to find one regardless of where you might live.
Tom Priester, Agent, Tequesta, FL
Wed Dec 26, 2012
Dear Aaron,

You are absolutely correct as programs utilized by sites like Trulia and Zillow for their estimates of value use geographic proximity as an important variable and in this case picks up adjoining communities with age restrictions and an entirely different set of metrics.

As you are probably aware the market in Lexington Club is much different that some of the surrounding developments. And even in Lexington Club there are a number of different models and views with the premium lots typically overlooking one of the two lakes in the community.

Overall we have been seeing about 3 sales per month in Lexington Club with 9 sales over the past 6 months at prices ranging from $112,000 up to $180,000 with a median sales price of $150,000. We currently have one home under contract and 9 available properties so the 6 month inventory represent a fairly balanced market that is higher than many local communities.

Of course the condition and features of any home and it's lot play a large role in the properties value as does the motivation of both the the seller and buyer, The home you inquired about at 7869 actually was a bank owned property that last sold in February 2011 for $78,750. It appears you were the purchaser at that time and if you would like a complete detailed analysis of the homes current value please feel free to give me a call and I would be very happy to get together with you at a convenient time.

Best of luck and if I can offer anything additional please let me know.

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"

561 308-0175
tom@tompriester.com
Joan Lorberb…, Agent, Boca Raton, FL
Tue Dec 25, 2012
I agree with you! Trulia and Zillow are not local - - they do not know the local market that an experienced local Realtor does. You need to take the estimates and comparables given on web sites such as these with a huge grain of salt. Comparing the Lexington Club to Gleneagles Country Club or Villages of Oriole is particularly outrageous.

If you would like an estimate of value for a home or condo (no matter whether you are a buyer or seller) it is important for you to rely on the knowledge of a Realtor familiar with your local market - - drilled down to your particular subdivision. One must compare apples to apples in order to come up with an accurate estimate of value.

JOAN LORBERBAUM MOORE
Broker Associate, GRI
Lang Realty
9858 Clint Moore Road
Boca Raton, FL 33496
JoanMooreRealtor@gmail.com
http://www.boca-delray-boynton.com
marni zucker…, Agent, Boca Raton, FL
Tue Dec 25, 2012
You seem to be correct. It's probably pulling comps from Kings Point, Huntington Lakes or maybe even Glen Eagles. Would you like my assistance finding available listings? Are you interested in Lexington Club? My office is across the street. Feel free to contact me.
Marni Zuckerman
Signature International Real Estate
ListWithMarni@gmail.com
561-613-9335
SaturniaIslesPros.com
I wish to bring to your attention:

4% Commission to selling agent!

7539 S. Oriole Blvd. # 103

14896 Bal Moral Lane #202

Both have been gutted and renewed.

New Kitchen cabinets with extra drawers
Granite Countertops. Travertine and Glass Tile.
New Appliances
Credit for dishwasher.
New Bathroom Vanities
New Closet systems
New plumbing
New electrical fixtures, switches and outlets
New baseboards.
Designer inspired colors, art and furnishings

Bring all offers.
Flag Wed Dec 26, 2012