TELL ME YOUR OPINION! What is the best site to search for Real Estate Information?

Asked by Lyndi Martel, Boise, ID Wed Nov 19, 2008

Other than Trulia of course! What are some of your other favorite sites that provide good information and insights into the Real Estate market? Also - what are some of the worst sites you have found?

Answers

4
Dp2, , Virginia
Thu Nov 20, 2008
loopnet, craigslist, cyberhomes, various google ads, and active rain realtor blogs.
The Hagley G…, Agent, Pleasanton, CA
Wed Nov 19, 2008
Trulia nd Realtor.com are the best...Zillow is one of the worst if you're looking for home values...However...consumers love this site.
Web Reference:  http://www.cindihagley.com
Lyndi Martel, Agent, Boise, ID
Wed Nov 19, 2008
It's funny but right now I think craigslist.org is where I get a majority of traffic from! Craigslist is starting to get over-saturated here in Boise with too many posts so it may not be as effective going forward. Personally I don't like Zillow for our marketplace because the estimates of value are so far off I think it is an issue to post info like that. It makes the consumer confused because all the estimates are so much lower than what is really selling.

I know some people who use Google pay per click and do well - I have not found a need for it as of yet. I wish there was a website that had interviews with people who have just purchased homes. I would like the "home buyer" story to be told - it seems like everything is focused on the home seller / current buyer right now. If people who want to buy but are nervous could hear from folks who "took the plunge" I think it would be fascinating and very useful!
Susie Shatley, Agent, Southlake, TX
Wed Nov 19, 2008
I think realtor.com for sure has got be the best. I'm not sure about the worst. I'm still trying to get myself on all the good and probably the bad ones to because I don't know any better. I'm still new and I have listened to so many webinars and read so much on marketing and seems like some things work for others and some don't. I read where one really successful agent had a lot of hits from his google pay per click. So I tried that. I still have it, I set that up maybe two weeks ago and as far as I know, I haven't received one single click. Maybe I didn't bid enough.

What do you think? Since you brought it up.