Sales values are high in the $400,000 range, but what are actual sales prices on a 2 story, log home, with about 1,800 sq.feet living area, 1

Asked by Mary Jo, Ramah, NM Mon Nov 30, 2009

bedroom, 1 1/2 baths, open kitchen and living areas, unfinished basement/2car garage, 5 acres, no ac, 2 gas stoves and 1 woodstove, metal roof, 4 yr old house

Answers

1
David - Appr…, , Maricopa, AZ
Tue Dec 1, 2009
It sounds like you are looking for the market value of a particular property.

My opinion: It would probably be unlikely (or very difficult if not impossible) to find comps (recent sales) of other properties with the same characteristics and specifics you have stated, in order to determine actual sale prices. Unless there is a whole subdivision or two with closely similar properties.

My advice would be to contact a local appraiser to research available comps (similar and/or some what similar) and make appropriate market, location, and/or time adjustments for differences and amenity, market reaction, and conditon adjustments to determine the reasonable market value of the property (or hypothetical property) with those specific characteristics and amenities, for its location.