Rental prices for houses or condos

Asked by Trisha Pollock, Seattle, WA Mon Oct 29, 2007

Answers

5
Vera Brodsky, Agent, Bellevue, WA
Thu May 22, 2008
Trisha
Per Seattle Times, the rental prices have gone up 10-20% in Seattle area over the last few years. Would you prefer living in the city or suburbs? Also, take into consideration the price of gas. With oil prices going up up up, it might be better to find a place close to your work and pay extra $150.00/ month. Longer commute might cost you more money!
Let me know if I can be of further assistance
Vera Brodsky
Remax Eastside
206 412 7792
Web Reference:  http://www.verabrodsky.com
Rachel Pajac…, , Seattle, WA
Wed Nov 7, 2007
Your best bet is to look at SeattleRentals.com, and nwclassifieds. The prices are going to be all over the place, depending on what neighborhood you are interested in.
Samuel Hilbe…, , Woodinville, WA
Thu Nov 1, 2007
Trisha -

I would also look into S. Snohomish County (Lynnwood/Everett). It is relatively close to Seattle and is very clean and safe...yet much more affordable than many other areas closer to the city.

Also, as Gary mentioned...Renton is a very affordable area as well. I like the school systems up north better but you can save a little more money by going south of the city.

Web Reference:  http://www.agentsamuel.com
Barbara Mcma…, , Seattle, WA
Tue Oct 30, 2007
The "average" price for a rental is 1.19-1.30 per square foot depending on the area and type of building. Usually older and larger buildings will be less expensive. If you have a specific area in mind, I can better answer your queston.
Gary McNinch, Agent, Kent, WA
Mon Oct 29, 2007
Hi Trisha,

Totally depends on what area of Seattle or King County you are looking for and what you need. Closer to downtown Seattle or Redmond, the higher the price. You can get a look at prices by going to the website of Dupree and Scott. They are a large company that tracks the rental market.

In the Renton area where I work, the rental price has gone up 10 to 15 % since last summer. I know of a couple condos that are currently for rent. If you need further info, please call.