Bonodino, Both Buyer and Seller in West Palm Beach, FL

Pt. 2: Continuation I am considering selling/listing this property, but am having difficulty in arriving at an asking price; while the information

Asked by Bonodino, West Palm Beach, FL Tue Jul 27, 2010

on Trulia is somewhat helpful, performing any semblance of a CMA is extremely difficult due to the unique nature of Ocean Ridge. From what I can determine, there aren't very many duplexes/homes where a live-in owner can collect an income. In addition, since this particular market is extremely small, the listing and sale of a multi-million dollar property can drastically alter the demographics on a daily basis! Can you advise me as to what i can expect to list/sell for?
Thank you.
Respectfully,
Greg Cusumano

Answers

8
Lyn Miller, Agent, West Palm Beach, FL
Tue Jul 27, 2010
in this market, the best way to go is to hire a licensed appraisor first to appraise your house professionally and then you can price it accordingly. That way you will know exactly to ask for the home and you won't waste time if you house is appraised to high & you won't lose if your home is appraised to low.
If you ask to much for your home, you get an offer & it doesn't appraise, you'll have to drop your price to the banks apprasial, wasting alot of your time, If you set the price to low, you lost money. , I hope this helps you . Lyn Miller 561-445-8719 Continental Properties, http://www.MrBoyntonBeach.com
Kumar Misra, Agent, Boynton Beach, FL
Wed Jul 28, 2010
can you please give us add, so i can come up with value
thanks
kumar misra
561-901-4769
Web Reference:  http://www.camelotrealty.net
Nicole Marks…, Agent, Boca Raton, FL
Tue Jul 27, 2010
Hi, Bonodino. Until a real estate professional sees your Ocean Ridge home it would be difficult to give you advice on what to list it for or what you should expect to get for the sale. Each home offers different "bells and whistles". Some have fabulous views. Some are upgraded. Some have a nice floor plan. An appraiser is a good idea because you will get an objective point of view that is putting a value on specifice criteria. You can also meet with Realtors. My "rule of thumb" usually is to meet with 2 or 3 professionals and hear what they have to say. If you decide on hiring a Realtor be sure that you aren't choosing one just because he/she tells you can get a much higher price then the other 2. Choose the one who instills faith in their ability to sell your home. Choose the one who you feel will make selling your property a priority.

If you would like to talk further about this I am happy to discuss this with you. My phone # is 561-445-8743.

I hope that helps.

Nicole Marks Mason, Realtor
Web Reference:  http://www.buysellboca.com
Alma Kee, Agent, Tampa, FL
Tue Jul 27, 2010
Dear Mr. Cusumano,

I agree with Realtor Lyn Miller below to get an appraisal from a well experienced licensed appraiser that ideally lives in the same neighborhood. The appraiser will give you the best estimate of value and will not overprice in an attempt to "buy" your listing or underprice to facilitate a quick and easy sale.

Once you have the appraisal in your hand then interview 3 Realtors (don't tell them you already have the appraisal in hand) and see how they value your property, too.

Hope this helps.

All my best,
Alma
Tom Priester, Agent, Tequesta, FL
Tue Jul 27, 2010
Greg,

Sorry, I did not see this information until after I reviewed your initial question. Still, the best advice I can give you is contact a minimum of three professional Realtors® and have them present you with the current market conditions affecting the sale of your property. Each will be able to show you what they will do to sell your property for the most amount of money in the shortest amount of time. I would be very honored to be on your list to interview and am easily reached at the contact information below.

Ocean Ridge is a fantastic area and even though there are not many duplex type situations there are sales that will help us come up with a current market evaluation. I was negotiating a purchase in the area for a client a few months ago but we ended up purchasing elsewhere. The two most likely properties that will affect the price of your property are the sale of the home at 12 Hersey back in July of last year and the pending purchase at 25 Hersey. I would need to have a closer look at your home before coming up with any recommendations as to a realistic price.

I hope this information is helpful but if I can offer anything additional please let me know.

Always at Your Service,

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"

561 308-0175
tom@tompriester.com
Web Reference:  http://www.tompriester.com
Stelios Styl…, Agent, Wellington, FL
Tue Jul 27, 2010
Good Morning Bonodino,

Is there a number I can contact you so we can speak further as to how we can come up with a fair market asking price for your property. Thank-you.

Stelios Stylianou
The Stylianou Real Estate Group
561.542.4131
stelios@stelsells.com
http://www.raflorida.com/stelios
Don Tepper, Agent, Burke, VA
Tue Jul 27, 2010
That's one of the areas where a Realtor brings real value to the real estate process. Not every home is cookie-cutter, with easy comps.

Further, there would be the question of whether to market the duplex simply as an investment property--with two rentals--or as a home (vacation?) and attached rental. That'd affect not only the marketing but also the value of the property.

Pat & Steve…, Agent, Westlake, OH
Tue Jul 27, 2010
You need to retain an experienced Realtor in your area. He/she will help you with your pricing through a CMA and the condition of your home.