Price data in Texas?

Asked by Mr. Bubble, Del Mar, CA Mon Jan 4, 2010

Is it just me or is anyone else frustrated that Texas doesn't report, at least anonymously, recent sales data for Trulia to give us? Where are the recent sales? If you want to see what I mean, go look up a property in CA. You'll see recent sales up to the minute to help you gauge values. Here you have to ask a real estate agent every time you want it and even at that, it's only sales that are self reported to the MLS. Non MLS sales are hidden, especially if they are low.

Answers

3
Betina Forem…, Agent, Austin, TX
Fri Oct 8, 2010
Dear Mr. Bubble,
The state of Texas is a non-disclose state. It helps keep home-owners sales information private. While it protectssnoopy people from finding out what you paid for your home, it does impede potential home-buyers from knowing sold prices. This is one of the reasons for having a local Realtor help you find a home and obtain recent comparable sold home data. If your considering buying in Austin I would be happy to help you obtain information on the neighborhoods your interested in. Just let me know how I can help.
Betina
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Mon Jan 4, 2010
We as agents are not responsible of updating for Trulia and updates. Only factual information is obtain with any state or city is MLS or county tax rolls.

Any other website are not accurate information nor can you base value of home based information

Appraisers use MLS posting contact a Realtor who can provide specific info. for a particular area.

National Featured Realtor and Consultant, Texas Mortgage Loan Officer, Credit Repair Lecturer
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Lynn911
Lynn911

http://www.lynn911.com
Ronda Allen, Agent, Plano, TX
Mon Jan 4, 2010
It's frustrating for us here in Texas, too. But, we also know that our knowledge of what is really happening in our geographic area is what sets us apart from another real estate agent. This is a cooperative industry, but I have to admit it can be nice to have a competitive advantage because I know what's really going on in my community.

Have a blessed day!
Ronda

Ronda Allen, Realtor and Certified Purchasing Manager (C.P.M.)
CEO of comingsoonhomes.com of Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
RE/MAX Dallas Suburbs