Our home value for 2010 taxes is 254,000 55304 zip code Are the tax values close to the home values now?

Asked by Sissy, Andover, MN Sat Feb 13, 2010

Answers

4
Aaron Dickin…, Agent, Champlin, MN
Sat Feb 13, 2010
The value for 2010 taxes due is in reality the 2009 value established on January 1, 2009. Your 2010 proposed value for 2011 taxes probably won't come for another couple months.

Taxable values have always been a poor predictor of value - they were always low till 2007 and now are almost consistently too high. The trend can help tell you the story but if you want a good feeling for your home's actual value you need to look elsewhere.
Lenny Frolov, Agent, Brooklyn Park, MN
Sat Feb 13, 2010
I agree that they are getting closer to value these days. It doesnt replace a CMA though.
Web Reference:  http://www.lennyfrolov.com
Brad Anderson, Agent, Maple Grove, MN
Sat Feb 13, 2010
It depends on your home, but they are getting alot closer. If you want to send me your address, and email, I can do a quick CMA for you.
BradAndersonHomes@gmail.com
CCC, Home Owner, San Diego, CA
Sat Feb 13, 2010
I just got my 2010 for my properties (in Hennepin county) and I think, in my case, that still overvalue.