dannysteele2…, Home Buyer in Dallas, TX

Not complaining, but in Chicago you can't even get close to downtown for the prices people are asking for houses in the Fair Park area (75215, 75210).

Asked by dannysteele232, Dallas, TX Mon Jul 22, 2013

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/3037384731-2822-Casey-St-Dall…

AS with any city in the USA when prices are that low you have be concerned with safety. I did an appraisal for a home in Fort Worth for lender other day... who was in a "rush" did not provide me all the details... home value was $35K... I was in the highest crime district for Fort Worth... I felt extremely uncomfortable . Blessed I only had to complete exterior pictures only few area pic's ... I got out there quickly !

I work with investors world wide I decline service I won't go in particular area(s) . It is all based on the family, investor no one can make those decisions except for yourself.

You can refer to Police for crime stat's.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
http://www.lynn911.com 100's of Dallas homes listed for sale or lease

Follow me on Facebook and Twitter

(If my answer is helpful indicate by THUMBS UP or BEST ANSWER. Thank you )
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 22, 2013
Thanks, Lynn. That was very helpful. My question is: in a lower rent district, what makes a client stay? The property I'm looking at can't be improved much visually because of the layout of the surroundings, but what else entices responsible renters?
Flag Fri Oct 18, 2013
Supply and demand drive prices. Lots of supply down there, little demand except for properties to rent. Lots of poverty there with a very small buyer pool. You can't compare areas of other cities to similar areas in those other cities with regard to real estate - real estate is sold and priced in micro-markets, like the micro-market in the Fair Park area.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 22, 2013
Would be happy to help with your search.
Web Reference: http://ToddHomesForSale.com
Location, Location, Location always dictates price. Good or bad.
There are many areas throughout Dallas, and especially close to Downtown that are getting improved. Being a lifelong native of Dallas, I am tickled at how great Dallas compares with other cities. If you are looking for something close to Downtown, I would love to help you.

Liz Renfro
William Davis Realty
I actually grew up in Chicago and my thought is just that Chicago had been a huge city with major suburbs for over 100 years. Dallas really grew in the 60's and 70's. And still has more room to expand without getting too far away from the city. Also, I have a house I will be buying soon that I would sell for $30k in sw dallas.
Email me for details Kevin@kdbpropertiesdfw.com
The area is still recovering from a glut of foreclosed properties. Would you like to look at any if those properties?
I've heard about the areas reputation, but believe me it's not nearly as bad a Chicago and some of the other major cities in the U.S. Why are the prices so cheap?
Because we have a great cost of living here and as someone mentioned above, we have plenty of space to expand out in all directions. Not like Chicago where one side of downtown is a great lake and there isn't space. Or San Francisco where you have a penninsula and ocean. Or Manhattan on a tiny island, etc. Dallas is a great market, centrally located to the entire country which attracts a lot of bizes, and the low cost of living regularly surprises transplants from the NE or CA. And now apparantly Chicago. Would you like to look at homes in Dallas? I would be happy to show you options. Call me if I can assist you.

Brenda Kronenberg, Realtor
Flag Tue Jul 23, 2013