Need average days on market in Citrus Heights.

Asked by Patty Licata, Citrus Heights, CA Sun Jul 6, 2008

Answers

3
Jim Walker’s answer
Jim Walker, Agent, Carmichael, CA
Sat Sep 13, 2008
Citrus Heights two months later:

395 Active listings Average Market time 84 days

217 Pendings, Average Market time: 39 days

622 Sold (closed escrow within past 180 days) : Average Market time:50 days

1050 expired listings were on market an average118 days before expiring without a sale.
1671 withdrawn listings were on market an average 91 days before being withdrawn from sale.

Average of all the above categories (3955 Citrus Heights listings) is 88 days.

From these statistics I infer that it took longer to market, but NOT sell, a house than it took to SELL a house.
Erin Stumpf…, Agent, Sacramento, CA
Sun Jul 6, 2008
Hi Patty,

If you are referring solely to 95610 in Citrus Heights, here are the stats per Trendgraphix (which compiles facts and trends using MLS data);

-Average DOM in May 2008 was 37 (down from 60 days in April)
-Average Cumulative DOM (total days from all listings/re-listings, etc) was 89 days (up from 77 in April)
-Average selling price vs original listing price was 96% (up from 91% in April)

If you want data from 95621;
-Average DOM in May 2008 was 49 (up from 46 days in April)
-Average Cumulative DOM (total days from all listings/re-listings, etc) was 78 days (down from 80 in April)
-Average selling price vs original listing price was 93% (same in April)

If you would like me to email you some graphs for the data I am referring to (which will show you the trends over the last 14 months, just drop me an email by clicking on my profile.
Web Reference:  http://www.erinattardi.com
Sue Archer R…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Mon Jul 7, 2008
As with any statistics, it is important to understand that data is not relevant without some depth. What is your real question? What are you trying to determine? Homes that are priced 'well' will go into contract quickly, and that stops the clock for days on market. It does not reflect days in escrow. The better indicator is Cumulative days on market (CDOM) for a feel on how long a seller is trying to sell the property. It might also be worthwhile to know whether it's a bank owned property, short sale, or seller direct property. ...depends...

The pricing variance does not reflect what terms were involved with the sale price to give you any accuracy on the net sales price to the seller.

So again, what are you really trying to understand about the Citrus Heights market?
Web Reference:  http://www.suearcher.com