My husband may be taking a new position with a growing company in southern VT...Any suggestions on areas with?

Asked by Ginny Fink, 23294 Mon Jun 2, 2008

great schools, community and resale value?

Answers

6
Jacki Murano, Agent, West Dover, VT
Sat Dec 8, 2012
If you are looking into the southern Vermont area make sure to take a look in the Mount Snow area. There is a great community here and the outdoor activities are year round(lakes and skiing) so its a great place for a family. Wilmington is only about 15 miles from Bennington so its a quick commute.
Carla.courto…, Home Owner, Bennington, VT
Sun Nov 4, 2012
1397 Walloomsac Rd 3 bdr 2 bath all hardwood floors with tiled countertops and abundant wood cabinetry Bennington is a historical site near monument close to town but in country .
carla.courtois@yahoo.com
Trudy Agres, Other Pro, Town of Bennington, VT
Wed Feb 23, 2011
Hi Ginny.
Yes I would like to mention that there are all kind of great school in this area of Vermont.
Bennington is surrounded with great schools and colleges.
If you are interested in a beautiful home, come and take a look at my house,
you can see all the informtion on this website and I can be contacted thru this
website as well, my home is in a very private area yet only one mile from the center
of town. This home was custom built with very beautiful large rooms all over and full
of closet space. The price that is listed here is very much negotiable...keep that in mind.
I can be reach at trudygo@hotmail.com if you have any questions. Will be more than
happy to provide you with all the pictures on this house.
Thank you Trudy
June Aleck, Home Seller, Brattleboro, VT
Sun Aug 10, 2008
Hi Ginny, Brattleboro has excellent schools, including the new renovations to the middle & high schools along with the Southeastern VT Career Center. There are many private and public elementary, middle & high schools in and surrounding Brattleboro as well. Brattleboro is a lively, artistic, friendly community with many opportunites to participate in art, music, sports, dance etc., for children through adulthood. We've been here since 1978 & raised 2 daughters in their mid-20's now. The housing market in the Brattleboro area is well-priced with a variety of rural & in-town homes for sale. Our home is currently for sale in Brattleboro & we've got it listed far below appraisal value as we are retiring & moving out of state. Hope this info helps some. If you have any questions, please email me at moosefor2&yahoo.com
Pamela Quinn, , Portsmouth, RI
Tue Jun 17, 2008
Hi Ginny,

I am a REALTOR in Manchester, Vermont. Manchester and some of the the surround towns have a good varity of homes for sale. Homes are priced well and the interest rates are still low. Resale in this area is very good. There is a thing called school choice in Manchester and some surrounding towns like Dorset, Winhall, Peru, Londonderry, Sunderland and Danby. If you would like more information on this and homes for sale in the Manchester area, please call me at 802-362-4551 ext. 107. Good luck with the move and please let me know if I can be of more help with your process.
Jim Bellville, Agent, Brattleboro, VT
Tue Jun 3, 2008
Ginny,

As a real estate professional, you know we can't really speak to the quality of schools in the area. There are a lot of sites with that information.

As far as areas with good resale values, I like both Pownal and Shaftsbury in the Bennington area. Pownal is south of Bennington and Shaftsbury is north.

Pownal is close to Williamstown, MA and the college there, so it can carry values well as an alternative to the home expenses in northwestern MA.

Shaftsbury, being north of Bennington is closer to Arlington and Manchester and the high property values there.

Both towns are more rural with a mixture of large acreage properties and some areas of higher density. I can't speak to local events in either town, but I know that Bennington has events on a more regular basis and is a short commute from either town.

Hopefully that will give you a starting point.