Lsohn99, Home Owner in Portland, OR

My house was foreclosed on and I lost my house. But the property tax had been paid already. Where can I find the proof of this?

Asked by Lsohn99, Portland, OR Wed Jan 25, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:


You can also check at the city offices or you might be able to pull the informaton up online.

Good luck
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 26, 2012
If you paid the tax separately (not escrowed), the taxing authority (city? county?) would have these records and should be able to issue a receipt or provide proof that they have been paid.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 25, 2012
The lender that had the escrow account would have those records assuming you paid extra each month where a portion of the monthly payment went toward taxes and insurance. Since you were foreclosed, I am thinking you paid no monthly payments therefore you probably did not pay them at all.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 25, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer