Bettina Shil…, Renter in San Marcos, CA

My credit is less than 600. I am interested in purchasing a home ( possibly manufactured ) with a USDA loan. Who would be an expert to contact ?

Asked by Bettina Shilling, San Marcos, CA Fri Dec 28, 2012

I have good monthly income but "bad" credit . Been working for the past 7 years at the same place and have rented from the same owner that long.

Answers

4
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Thu Jan 3, 2013
so, out of curiosity, if you have a "good monthly income"................why are your credit scores so low (not sure how you define "bad" credit)?

You really need to raise those scores to show a lender you are credit worthy.
To further clarify my bad credit. I am divorced with 4 children that all work and go to school.I have chosen to help further their education by assisting them with whatever I can . MAy it be buying textbooks, paying tuition etc. I will always put them first if I am late on my payments or not. Hope this helps.
Flag Sat Jan 5, 2013
Adam Kelley, Agent, san diego, CA
Thu Jan 3, 2013
I suggest other alternatives to the USDA loan, if you have been in the armed forces you have a 0% down option. You are so close for 3.5% down as well. I do not do loans, but I can put you in touch with a lender who can help you.
Sally Grenier, Agent, Boulder, CO
Fri Dec 28, 2012
Unfortunately, you really need a minimum of 640, for pretty much any type of loan. I would definitely look into lenders who are able to help repair your credit. If you're interested in buying, you presumably have $$ for down payment and closing costs. Why not use some of that money to pay down, or pay off some bills? Good luck to you.
Nathan Plount, Agent, Carlsbad, CA
Fri Dec 28, 2012
I would go to the following webpage for answers on USDA loans: http://www.rurdev.usda.gov/Home.html