Morrow, GA commercial conditions?

Asked by FJS, Brackney, PA Thu May 15, 2008

have you been seeing more places going out of business & more vacancies commercially.
is that area over built with retail options with too much competition??
i'd love to hear from some people on this.
thnx!
frank

Answers

1
Peggy Hatley,…, , Cartersville, GA
Thu May 15, 2008
Hello Frank,
I am seeing more and more small business going under weekly. I am in Cartersville, north of Kennesaw Ga. I am seeing and hearing large resturant chains are closely certain locations because people have cut back and are not eating out as much. There are becoming alot of empty commerical buildings on the market. We just had a group of Drs move out of a building we own. It has been on the market for 3 months to lease or purchase and we got an offer yesterday that is about 70% of listing price. This market is a killer unless your an investor buying up very low and sitting tight for a few years to come. I think from everything I am reading and seminars we are attending this is going to last well into 2011 and possibly longer. We know of at least 3 large national banks that will be closing their doors very soon. And there are more to follow. Clintion, Obama and McCain certainly have their work cut out for them.