Market condition in vestavia, AL? Looking at buying a house in Vestavia

Asked by Ba, Alabama Sat May 24, 2008

but my husband is concerned the market hasn't bottomed out yet and we will end up over-paying. How do you find out the market condition and a true value of a home?

Answers

3
Renee Hamilt…, Agent, Hoover, AL
Thu Apr 24, 2014
I'm updating for the 2014 market. The inventory in Vestavia is low for homes under $300,000. Last year I had a client waiting for the same reason and now they can't afford a home in Vestavia. The combination of great performing schools, location, 100% financing and low inventory is pushing the market in the right direction. Don't wait!

Renee Hamilton
205-504-0421
reneehamilton.e21@me.com
Residential Real Estate Buyers and Sellers Agent
ssch.jagh, Home Owner, Vestavia, AL
Sat Mar 1, 2014
The stable and solid demographics, community, the high standards and academic performance levels of the Vestavia schools, as well as the outstanding public security provided by the Vestavia police and fire departments, separate and insulate Vestaiva from market value volatility and precipitous fluctuations. My wife and I live in Vestavia, and we love it. It is close to everything. ... We feel, for the money in Vestavia more house and lot can be bought than in Homewood or Mountain Brook with equally well mannered neighbors. In comparison to Hoover, where housing is generally less costly, we like the lower population and traffic density, as well as take security comfort in the excellence of our Vestavia Police Department's ability to cover their jurisdiction.
Candace Barr, , Birmingham, AL
Sun May 25, 2008
I live in Vestavia and check the active listings daily .. there are some excellent deals out there right now. When you find a house you are interested in we pull up comps to see what comparable homes have sold for, how long they sat on the market ,etc. That will give you a good idea of how well a home is priced and will help you determine what it's worth.

We love Vestavia, and the schools are amazing. I think you guys will be happy you made the move!
Web Reference:  http://kwhometeam.net