Market Analysis Question for Hyde Park/Poughkeepsie NY

Asked by Titus Choi, Hyde Park, NY Fri Jul 20, 2012

If I'm planning on purchasing a property that I will be living in for 4~5 years, which of the following will be the best choice for me in Hyde Park / Poughkeepsie Area?

Townhouse vs Single Family Detached?

Thank you for the info

Answers

3
Robert Cappe…, Agent, Poughkeepsie, NY
Fri Sep 21, 2012
Titus, I believe that the real questions for you to consider are - do you want close neighbors, or do you desire privacy. Do you want the expense of maintaining the property you purchase or pay a HOA fee and not do too much (maintenance). If you have or planning to have a family, will you want or need more space or room to expand, a yard, a garden, a garage etc. It's your needs and wants that direct you to buy a townhouse or a detached home. On the financial side, it is hard to project which type of home will be the better investment over the next several years. It is all based on the price you pay now, where it is located and what it looks like. When you sell, the question will be - Did you buy the right property that the next buyer wants. Lots of tough questions and decisions for you to make. E-mail or call if you would like to discuss this further. 845-518-3800 or Rcappe@Optonline.Net. Wish you the best, Robert.............
Curtis Darra…, Agent, Poughkeepsie, NY
Fri Aug 10, 2012
Titus, there are a few things you need to consider. Are you looking for something strictly as an investment (even though you'll be living in it)? What is the value of the 4-5 years you'll be living in it?What are you're future plans (renting it out or selling). Historically, single family homes hold their value better than townhouses or condo's. But a lot will depend on location. You can have a highly desired Townhouse Complex (perhaps looking over the Hudson River) which holds it's value better than a single family home located in a less desirable neighborhood. There are many variables you need to consider. I hope I helped, if you have any other questions feel free to call me.

Curtis C. Darragh
Licensed Real Estate Broker
Legacy Land & Homes LLC
Bus: 845-206-9462
curt@legacylandandhomes.com
Since you are not picking up your phone, if you know the location, let me ask you about 2 townhouse/condo communities and their desirability.

1) Townhouses located at Inwood Lake, Poughkeepsie
2) Townhouses located at Pinebrook, Poughkeepsie
Flag Fri Aug 10, 2012
Jennifer Fiv…, Agent, Red Hook, NY
Thu Jul 26, 2012
Titus it will depend on what your needs are. Do you want a home where you will not have to take care of the outside? Do you want to have a yard, maybe plant a garden?. For resale the pool of buyer will probably be larger.

To help you arrive at the best choice I would have to do a need assessment

Jennifer Fivelsdal, ABR,GRI,SRES
Licensed Real Estate Broker
JFIVE Homes Realty LLC
845-758-6842
845-594-9947
jennifer@jfivehomes.com
http://www.jfivehomes.com or http://www.midhudsonhomevalue.com
You completely missed the point of the question.
Flag Fri Aug 10, 2012