Looking to buy a lot in St. George (toquerville), in Trail Ridge Estates.

Asked by Lynn, Las Vegas, NV Tue Mar 18, 2008

I want something upscale and close to recreation and think this could be the place. My concern is, will Toquerville and surrounding areas remain more rural or will they see much of the urban sprall like St. George has? I want to buy in an area that will not see too much growth in terms of cookie cutter track homes and instead be custom homes on bigger lots. What do you see on the horizon?

Answers

8
Brian Bernath, Agent, Kanab, UT
Tue Aug 17, 2010
I can tell you that, in my opinion, Kanab will be a safer bet against the urban sprall thanks to its much more remote location than Toquerville (its easier to spell too). Toquerville is a wonerful community but being so close to St Gearge will lend it to faster growth.

I hope this helps!
Kevin Richey, Agent, St George, UT
Mon Jan 13, 2014
Another good choice would be Apple Valley. This area is still far enough away from Hurricane and St George that it should stay rural for several years.
Brigham Darg…, , 84774
Fri Feb 13, 2009
Toquerville will remain small for the foreseable future with the down turn in the economy. Trail Ridge Estates is a nice area. The bank that had the loan for it failed. Now the developer is waiting to see what the government will do to get another bank to take over. They can then finish the remaining items. Then get the lots on the market.
Brigham Darg…, , 84774
Fri Feb 13, 2009
Heather Rank…, Agent, Page, AZ
Sat Oct 18, 2008
I would suggest looking at the Lake Powell area. We have two developments in the works - the one at Greenehaven, AZ, the only private ownership at Powell with upscale homes and minimum square foot requirements. Also the brand new Indigo Ridge (this is one you have to see to believe) . Indigo Ridge is going to add a whole new dimension to the area in and of itself. With the new Aman Resorts mulit million dollar resort, Amangiri Resort and Spa at Lake Powell going in on the border of AZ and UT at Big Water, this area is set for the next "upscale" get away.
David "craig"…, Home Seller, Omaha, NE
Sat Jun 21, 2008
I am the owner of BRR-2-79-NS in Blackridge Ranches and would be interested in selling. It' has some tremendous views, both east and west. I believe it's very suitable for an upscale home. You can reach me at (402) 697-7380 or by email at david.miller@tconl.com. Send me your email address and I will send you photos.

David Miller
Jeremy Larkin, , Saint George, UT
Fri Apr 11, 2008
1. Toquerville will grow.
2. Probably never into a track-home haven.

Why? Because despite its' proximity to Zion National Park, I-15, etc, it just doesn't sit "on the road to everywhere" which is what made Vegas, then later St. George such huge growth areas. In the late 1960's St. George opened its' first golf course, but more importantly, I-15 opened straight through the City and the place went berzerk.

Kanab is an area that will follow a similar pattern: Beautiful area, fairly remote, near the path to Lake Powell, but just not on "the main drag."

You may consider Virgin, just above Hurricane/LaVerkin on the road to Zion NP - it should remain rural and centered around large-lot, low density housing.
Paula Smith, Agent, St George, UT
Wed Mar 26, 2008
Toquerville definitely has recreation. It's close to Zion, ATV's and horses are popular to the area. I believe Toquerville will grow. The new Hospital will be moving into Hurricane and with that, it is likely to bring additional growth. Just how much growth, and how far out it will go is anyone's guess. Possibly consider New Harmony. The Blackridge Ranch area has 5 acre parcels. That area is already subdivided, and is quite large. New custom homes are going up throughout the community. There are some existing homes already, which vary in size. It's on the other side of freeway from the Zion National Park "scenic entrance" which will be similar to Toquerville in the way of recreation. Best of luck to you in your searches.