Looking for recreational land in S. Guadalupe County, TX. What is the avg price/ac for raw land (no utilities), with moderate tree cover; 30-50ac.?

Asked by Dd8541, Seguin, TX Sun Oct 23, 2011

I'm in the "Information Acquisition" phase, but would potentially like to purchase some recreational land in southern Guadalupe County, TX. I know the price per acre will vary depending on tract qualities, but was trying to get a "ballpark" idea on what to expect.

Answers

4
Marcella Martin’s answer
Marcella Mar…, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Mon Oct 24, 2011
I am also in search of land in S. Guadalupe County and Wilson County. The price per acre is somewhere between $3000-$7000/ acre. As Gloria said, mineral rights are an issue. We have the Eagle Ford boom going on down there but not as much in Guadalupe County. Feel free to email me and I will forward you some MLS listings from Central TX MLS and the San Antonio Board. marcella@hottexasproperties.com
Gloria Elder, , Seguin, TX
Sun Oct 23, 2011
That size acreage, no utilities, would run you any where from $3500 an acre to $4500 per acre. Smaller size tracts run more....$5000+. Just depends on location really. Minerals are a big issue now, and some owners might sell for less, but want to keep all the minerals (which is a big negative for a buyer, I think).
gloriajane@hotmail.com
Barb, Home Buyer, 80223
Wed Jul 18, 2012
I have a fabulous piece of recreational property that fits your description. It has wonderful traversible forest, a mile of creek frontage (more or less) and feeds into the Guadalupe river. Lots of building sites with views and open land as well, but,honestly, I wouldn't even THINK about parting with it for less than 15,000/acre. They just don't make the stuff anymore, it's a finite resource.Not to mention just knock down drag out beautiful. I looked for 8 years west of Austin before finding the wonderful real land I now have outside of Seguin. There's no comparison in quality and the town isn't bad either. So, I'd say if you can get it for the price the realtors are quoting you, you should jump on it and protect it! It worries me that landowners are selling so cheaply. Really, 3500-5000/acre?where else can you put that amount of money in a meaningful way? Answer: Nowhere!
Karen Bell, Agent, Luling, TX
Sun Oct 23, 2011
karenbell@bcsnet.net
karenbelrealestate.com