Just recently Greenvill SC was rated as having the nation’s fifth highest crime rate in the nation. We were wanting to retire there, is it really

Asked by Jeanne Smith, Dublin, OH Mon Oct 28, 2013

bad This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/3056307043-806-Carriage-Hill-…

Answers

7
Christine Ho…, Agent, Surfside Beach, SC
Mon Oct 28, 2013
Jeanne Smith,
You should contact local Law enforcement in Greenville, SC directly for the most accurate information.
Cordially,
Christine House
Web Reference:  http://ChristineHouse.com
Angela Woodr…, Agent, Fountain Inn, SC
Mon Oct 28, 2013
My recommendation would be to contact the local police department for the city that you are interested in, because as a realtor I wouldn't have any access to that specific information. I wish you the best.
Thank you, I do plan on doing that. Love your beautiful state!
Flag Mon Oct 28, 2013
slipandsatch, , Simpsonville, SC
Wed Feb 18, 2015
One reason, the gun culture. Guns everywhere in the South, especially so in SC.
Jeanne Smith, Agent, Dublin, OH
Tue Nov 5, 2013
Thank you JJ, We do believe that renting first is the best idea. I appreciate hearing from those who live in the Greenville area, and any comments you might have.
JJ, , Fountain Inn, SC
Tue Nov 5, 2013
We moved here in 1995 from CT. We live in Fountain Inn and love the family atmosphere. We hear about problems in the city of Greenville but according to my family up north it isn't any worse than New England. I have always believed that if you rent for a year you will know where you will find your best fit. Everyone one has their own priorities. Give us a try and see if we are a fit for you and yours before making a purchase. There is so much to do right here in our small towns and so many wonderful places to go. Life is sweeter in the Carolinas.
Jason Pruitt, Agent, Greenville, SC
Tue Oct 29, 2013
I would be interested to see who published this information. This is hard for me to believe. There are multiple cities in SC that have much higher crime rates. Greenville prides itself on safe downtown and parks.
While S.C. as a whole has a high crime-rate, here in Simpsonville where I live, it is actually quite low. We moved here from a low crime state, Maine about five years ago, and Simpsonville reminds me of one of the small towns in Maine where I used to live. There are plenty of safe neighborhoods in Simpsonville, Mauldin, and other towns surrounding Greenville. For that matter, Greenville is pretty safe as well, though it has its sketchier neighborhoods. Still, you won't find many nicer downtowns than Greenvilles, which also has lots of restaurants, beautiful parks, and very active nightlife. I live just two minutes from a very busy main road, but it is so quiet in our neighborhood, you would think you were 20 miles from civilization. I hope this info has been helpful.
Flag Fri Apr 4, 2014
Oops, doesn't look like it came through... try this:
http://www.examiner.com/article/most-dangerous-states-the-united-states
Flag Tue Oct 29, 2013
I will admit that I too was shocked to hear this news, and extremely saddened. If you google most dangerous states in America, several websites will pop up. Here is one that my son-in-law sent me.
Most dangerous states in the United States
Examiner.com-Oct 24, 2013
The most dangerous states in the United States report has been calculated after the FBI's latest statewide statistics offered information about all ...
Flag Tue Oct 29, 2013
Maybe 5th highest in SC. Due to the size town.
Flag Tue Oct 29, 2013
Laura Servey, , Simpsonville, SC
Mon Oct 28, 2013
As someone who loves here, I can honestly say that it depends on where you move. Downtown Greenville and downtown Greer have a 9 pm curfew for everyone because of high amounts of gang activity. It is true that law enforcement would have the exact stats, but if you look to surrounding towns, you would find better neighborhoods and lower crime rates. I would recommend looking into Fountain Inn (a very charming country town) or Simpsonville (which weathered the recession very well.)
Sorry, that e-mail address is jsmcbride3@mac.com
Flag Fri Nov 1, 2013
I know of a 5BR 3 Bath home going on the market very soon in Simpsonville. near Monarch Elementary School. Not yet listed with realtor. If interested in details, e-mail me at jmcbride3@mac.com
Flag Fri Nov 1, 2013
Thank you Laura, Simpsonville is actually where we are thinking. Other family members are interested as well. If you have any other thoughts or comments I would love to hear them.
Flag Mon Oct 28, 2013