Roy De Souza, Home Buyer in

Is this a good time to buy property in big Indian cities?

Asked by Roy De Souza, Wed Jul 18, 2007

I know that the India property market is booming and in the long term it will do well. however some people tell me that property in cities like Bombay and Delhi are already over priced. Is that true?

Answers

2
Manisha, , Cupertino, CA
Tue Jul 24, 2007
I am from India originally and have seen real estate prices going up recently. Bangalore is definitely overpriced and very expensive. Not sure if investing there at this point makes sense. Search on 'NRI residence' and you will get some good information on that.
Alisha Gunraj, , Homes of Fairfield County, Stamford, Norwalk
Wed Jul 18, 2007
Roy,

I go back to india often and it's always suprising the changes that happen with real estate. there are more people with disposal income so this has cause real estate to boom there. Particularly chennai is doing quite well and is such an educational hub for young and old professionals. If you concerned about investing i would consider looking at the bigger cities because those seem to be affected less whenever there is market flucation.