Market Conditions in 19380>Question Details

Keith Marrone, Home Buyer in Inwood, NY

Is there anyone that could tell me what the current days on market (DOM) for West Chester,Pa?

Asked by Keith Marrone, Inwood, NY Fri Jan 11, 2013

Im doing some local market research and trying to see how fast homes are selling.

Hi Kmarrone1,

What you want to know is the ABSORBTION RATE.……

Check out these links. Usually, you would calculate the absorbtion rate for a certain area or price range. Hope this helps, if you would like to discuss futher feel free to contact me.

Branden Hydutsky
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 11, 2013
I would be happy to look this information up if you'd like to tell me the price range of the homes you are wondering about and the style. Single family? Townhouses?
I don't know were anyone got 90 days for West Chester as a whole. The number is more like 151 days on the market for West Chester currently. There are areas of Chester County selling at about 90 days, but West Chester is not one of them. It is true that how an individual prices their home will effect how fast it will sell, but if we are talking statistics, we are looking at 151 days for West Chester, 167 days for Chester County, and 188 for Pennsylvania. A REALTOR can provide you with a detailed Market Activity or Neighborhood Report with more information.
All below answers pretty much say the same thing. The ball-park days on market for a properly priced home in the West Chester area school district is approx. 60-90 days.

If you want more detailed information feel free to contact us.

Good Morning,

Rob Hughes: Long & Foster Real Estate Inc.
(Associate Broker) (AB065650)
(Hughes Associates) (Realtor since 1987)

Office: 610-225-7400 x7438

Cell# 484-410-9765 (Preferred)

West Chester is a big area...........
This is the primary market area that I live and work in and even though the information provided so far is very accurate, lots of "it depends", I will tell you that the market is pretty heated up right now and I will go out on the limb and say that if your house is priced properly it will sell within 90 days.

All Realtors are trained to evaluate the individual situation to give the best answer.
This question is a little wide, because the answer depends on many variables. Township, price range, type of house, condition, location and price. Generally since last year this time days on market have dropped but it also depends on pricing the home correctly from the start.

We can give you the answer with a little discussion of these variables, feel free to contact me either through my website shown below or by whatever method is best for you.

Nick Vandekar
Long & Foster Real Estate Inc
92 Lancaster Ave, Devon, PA 19333
Cell 610-203-4543
Office 610-225-7400

Property Investors check out our Investor Center

Check out my contact details:

Read our blog at

PA License AB067198
Web Reference:
West Chester is such a large and diverse area in regards to homes so a general answer isn't going to do you a lot of good. Generally though, about 80 days. But I am seeing homes get multiple offers in the first week and I am seeing homes on the market for 300+ days.

A good Realtor will be able to help you determine how fast any home should sell and it really is different for every home. The location, condition and even current price are all factors that play into how long it will take for a home to sell.

It would be in your best interest to be under contract with a Buyers agent because
1) They will have a legal responsibility to find you a home.
2) They will have a fiduciary (financial) responsibility to you.
3) You don't pay their commission.
4) All conversations are confidential so you can ask all the questions you want and feel secure.

Even if you don't want to buy a house right now, get under contract with a Realtor you enjoy working with and build a relationship so that when you are ready to buy the process will be all that much better for it.

Best of Luck!
Web Reference:

The average days on market for West Chester can vary since West Chester is a very large city. It is broken up into different townships. With that said, the average days on market comes out to 90 days according to the multiple listing service for all townships combined for West Chester.