Sbiediger, Renter in Houston, TX

Is there a certain day of the week that apartment rental prices tend to be lowest?

Asked by Sbiediger, Houston, TX Sun Feb 5, 2012

I'm looking to rent an apartment in the Houston medical center and all of the apartments I've looked at so far have daily changes in price. I am trying to get the best deal possible.

Answers

10
John Walin, Agent, Libertyville, IL
Fri Feb 24, 2012
pricing, no but competition for the better unit locations yes! Beat the weekend crowd. Maybe youre thinking the rent is variable from day of the week, when it might be they have premiums for same BR count corner units, and proximity to amenities.
Joe Cano Jr, Agent, Houston, TX
Fri Feb 24, 2012
I am an apartment locator here in the Inner Loop Houston & Galleria area. Everyone wants to get the best deal possible, but maybe more significant is finding the community that best fits your interest, lifestyle, etc. Many communities in the Inner Loop use a system which changes daily rates varying on the occupancy. Perfect day? Rates is a variable that depends on occupancy. In my professional opinion, the end of a week is a better option to shop. Management is off on the weekends, and due to that factor and the systems which ascertain the correct rates..........., then most specials seem to be offered towards the end of the week. Call me, let's talk and then locate the place that best fits your lifestyle.

Joe Cano – Realtor/Locator
(281) 785-5132
*More Pic’s: http://joe1houstonlocator.postlets.com/
Parker Compa…, Agent, Houston, TX
Thu Feb 23, 2012
They shouldn't have daily changes in price, eventhough they do flucuate and are currently increasing. What you reall y should focus on is the max amount of rent you are willing to pay a month, the location of where you want to live and the type of apartment you want/need. Once you figure all of those out, either look yourself and ask about specials, or work with a locator like myself, to find deals.

You may need to adjust your requirements, but at least you will have a goal and a path to follow, rather than calling without a plan and barely getting somewhere. When occupency is high, prices are high and fewer specials there are. When occupency is low, the prices are lower and more specials are available.

Good luck and if you need any help, contact me anytime!

~ Kristen
Joe Cano Jr, Agent, Houston, TX
Mon Feb 6, 2012
I have leased several apartments in the Inner Loop/Galleria areas. Rates change depending on occupancy, rates of other communities, etc. Contact me when you have an opportunity. Thanks and have a wonderful week.
Betina Forem…, Agent, Austin, TX
Sun Feb 5, 2012
Most complexes drop their prices a bit the first and last weeks of the month. They usually have occupency rates that they must maintain for their corporate offices. Sometimes the corporate office dictates the prices. Typically you can get a better rate if you sign a two or three year lease. I would choose a couple of complexes and see who offers the best rate. You may try telling them thats what your doing to see if they will be more competitive. I wish you the best on your apartment search.
Joe Cano Jr, Agent, Houston, TX
Sun Feb 5, 2012
All professions seem to be seasonal. My business varies from month to month, as a Realtor/Locator, February and the Summer months are generally the busiest months. I know the Inner Loop/Galleria areas very well. Please, call me when you have an opportunity.

Joe Cano – Realtor/Locator
(281) 785-5132
Mark McNitt, Agent, Houston, TX
Sun Feb 5, 2012
What an interesting question!

What you are seeing is their "marketing" offering different incentives, discounts, etc based on different lengths of lease (6 months, 12 months, etc). Their rates typically do not change, but seem different when they advertise based on different lengths of rent time.

Not that I can confirm this, but I would guess near the end of the month and during the first week of a new month would be the best time to check prices. This is the time of the month the community would get notices from their tenants when they are moving out. (typically giving 30-60 day notice) If the community would have a large inventory of vacant properties coming on-line, they might run some discounts.

Private owners typically drop their prices after 30-45 days on the market. Let us know if we can assist you (we can call around and find the discounts for you!). We can provide list and take you to the communites as well.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Mark McNitt
Bernstein Realty
m# 832-567-4357
Carolyn Wol…, Agent, Houston, TX
Sun Feb 5, 2012
It really does depend on the complex and if they lower prices due to occupancy. There is a large range of sizes and prices on the MLS, but your Realtor can help you with your apartment search,too. A lot of individully owned condos are leased thru our MLS and sometimes will be more flexible. I do know that there are some good priced condos ones off of Old Spanish Trail and Cambridge that are close to the shuttle to the Med Center. If you would like me to send you a search, send me an e-mail.
Geralda Botn…, Agent, Katy, TX
Sun Feb 5, 2012
Hello, I will be glad to send you a list of apartments available in that area. Most of the apartments have some kind of specials, specialy in regards security deposit. Please feel free to visit my site at http://www.my-apartmentlocator.com and or send me an emails with your info.

Geralda Botnick
http://www.my-apartmentlocator.com
Adrienne Gill, Agent, Houston, TX
Sun Feb 5, 2012
It depends on the particular apartment complex. Some will calculate based on available inventory. If they are not highly occupied, the rate shouldn't change. Many complexes do not change their rate based on occupancy.
Make sure you ask about a Look and Lease special to get the very best deal possible. Other than that, there are fair housing laws regulating them as to not give favoritism to one tenant over another. Also, my company offers a cash back rebate for using us as your locator. Contact me via my Trulia profile and I can help you out.