Is the housing market still in the downswing?

Asked by Ed Huey, Blairsville, GA Mon May 14, 2012

Answers

4
David Hancock’s answer
David Hancock, Agent, Blairsville, GA
Mon May 14, 2012
I think in Blairsville we are at or at least very close to bottom. The inventory is low (around 400 houses on the market). Pricing is very much the key. If a house is priced right it will sell in a reasonable amount of time.
Jamie Lea, , Blairsville, GA
Mon May 14, 2012
Hi there - I would be happy to complete a free market analysis for you. Please let me know if you would like that. I am a top producing agent in the county.
Carol Perdew, Agent, Manteca, CA
Mon May 14, 2012
Hello Ed,

In California’s Central Valley, the market has improved since the beginning of the year. We have only 2 – 3 month inventory of homes and an increasing amount of buyers wanting to buy. There are multiple offers on most homes for sale. There are many cash offers coming in on homes listed for sale which may help increase the sale prices because an appraisal is not required. The housing market may start to see an upswing in pricing in certain markets.

Carol Perdew
Prudential California Realty
(209) 239-7979
Carol@PerdewHomes.com
http://www.CentralValleyHomes.com
DRE 985176
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Mon May 14, 2012
It doesn't appear so:
Most of the desirable homes are garnering multiple offers and selling for more than list.

Good luck and may God bless