Is the forecast for Quincy to stabilize?

Asked by Tiger, Quincy, MA Wed Apr 16, 2008

I keep seeing new building so its confusing. Would it be better to sell modest 2bd. Wollastion condo now or in 1yr?

Answers

4
Joe Clancy, Agent, Weymouth, MA
Wed Apr 23, 2008
Condos are down virtually every where from the height of the market in '05, and unfortunately there is no way to tell for sure where they will be in a year. It is a great time to buy, and when you buy and sell in the same market, any hit you take when you sell should be made up when you buy. I personally feel Quincy is as stable as anywhere, I just sold a condo and bought a single family last year in Quincy.
Jonathan Bow…, Agent, Stoughton, MA
Wed Apr 16, 2008
Tiger, the market is in turmoil and there is no crystal ball. Some of the new building projects that you see going up, such as the huge new building next to the bridge on Quincy Shore Drive, were slated to be built years ago. This planning started before the current downturn, so I can understand your confusion. Let me know if I can prepare a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) for you. I can't tell you if it's the right time for you to sell until I get a bit more information about your situation. WIth regards, Jon
Web Reference:  http://www.bowenboston.com
Tiger, Both Buyer And Seller, Quincy, MA
Wed Apr 16, 2008
To prevent any confusion- Quincy, MA
Brecht Palom…, , Massachusetts
Wed Apr 16, 2008
Quincy was just put on a watch list by mortgage insurers along with a lot of the south coast. I've put a link to more information about this below which will lead you to further links where you can check specific zip codes to see if they are on the list of declining markets