Is the Orange Beach Area in a stable or declining market right now/?

Asked by Jeffrey Barger, Orange Beach, AL Sat Mar 31, 2012

Answers

8
Eddie Keesee, Agent, Orange Beach, AL
Thu Nov 6, 2014
Orange Beach is now in a stable and increasing market. Inventory is down, and prices are coming up.
Leigh McPher…, Agent, Orange Beach, AL
Thu Apr 4, 2013
You asked this a year ago, and the signs that were there then have proven correct. Orange Beach is now in a stable and increasing market. Inventory is down, and prices are coming up.
Leigh McPher…, Agent, Orange Beach, AL
Wed Sep 12, 2012
Definitely stable. Market is actually inching forward, and inventory is low. Sliding away from a buyers' market to a healthy, normal market, and I am cautiously optimistic that a seller's market is ahead. Spring and Summer Rentals broke records, and autumn appears promising as well.
Call me at 251-609-9994, or email me at GulfCoastLeigh@gmail.com, http://www.GulfCoastLeigh.com
Leigh McPherson, RE/MAX of Orange Beach
Steve Neitzel, Agent, Cumming, GA
Wed Sep 12, 2012
Condo Prices Have Dropped in Half Since 2006 - When the 2BR Condo's Were Selling For $585,000 Recently I Have Sold Several for $270,000 to $280,000. Prices Have Never Been Better & The Inventory is Very Small for Gulf Front Condo's. We Have Had the Best Rental Income the Last 2 yrs. in the Past 10 yrs. and The Time is Here to Purchase That 2nd Home or Your Investment Property! We Have Listed 10 Condo's Recently & Have Recieved Offers Within Days! It is Still a Buyers' Market! I Will Find You The Best Condo at The Best Price on th Beach! It''s Time!!!
Leigh McPher…, Agent, Orange Beach, AL
Wed Jun 13, 2012
April stats showed that condo prices were UP 14%. Inventory has declined, and prices are inching up. I have sold units in buildings (cash deals) that were sold for 10,000 more than the previous sale price. GREAT time to buy while there are still some units to choose from, and while interest rates are still low.
Catherine Mc…, Agent, Gulf Shores, AL
Sun Apr 1, 2012
Prices at the beach dropped after the oil spill, but have been inching up for the past year. It is still a buyers market, but I can tell you that everything, houses, condos, have been really selling since last summer. Couldn't be a better time to buy than now.
Tom Moreau, , Orange Beach, AL
Sat Mar 31, 2012
Agree with Rick. We are seeing lower inventory than in the past and more sales at better prices. I've got a solid report that I can send you via email - too long for this forum.

http://www.perdidopete.com/ext_real-estate_info.asp?link=rea…

In the meantime, here's a link to a website with very good information and statistics for this area.
I will be glad to assist you with you buying or selling needs in this area. I am at 251-228-0085 or tgmoreau@yahoo.com. I represent RealtySouth agency.
Rick Carruth, Agent, Orange Beach, AL
Sat Mar 31, 2012
I would say stable. Our foreclosures have dropped in numbers and the price per ft increased in 2o11 at 12%. We set rental records last year that I am sure we will beat in 2012. Transactions were higher in 2011 than in 2005 another words we sold more but at half the price.
Please call me for furhter info at 251-752-7663. or rick_carruth@yahoo.com.
Rentals are up everywhere. The problem is people can't get the mortgage approval to buy, so if you own, you are in a great spot to make money, on rentals. It will be a while before real estate recovers for sales.
Flag Fri May 4, 2012