Market Conditions in 94117>Question Details

Scott, Other/Just Looking in San Francisco, CA

Is the NOPA area in SF gentrifying?

Asked by Scott, San Francisco, CA Tue Jul 17, 2007

NOPA is the area North of the Panhandle and it is gentrifying. The perfect examples of it's gentrification is the growth of the restaurant/bar business on Divisadero - Nopa, Tsunami Sushi (really worth going to if you like Sushi), Little Star Pizza, The Madrone, the long standing Independant, and the addition of the hight end gourmet market, Falletti's on Broderick between Oak and Fell. It also has the benefit of being close to USF for those who are considering a invenstment property which can generate rent. The other benefit of NOPA is it's close proximity to Golden Gate Park, lots of public transit lines, the Haight and Hayes Valley. Personally it's on my short list of areas to consider for buying a home - second to Cole Valley.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 8, 2007
I believe the NOPA has changed over the past years, however with that being said you still have some of the original character of the neighborhood. I agree that there has been an increase of newer restaurants to that area which only benefits the residents. However are you stating that "gentrifying" the area is pushing original residents out? If that is the real question than I can answer that one as well. Just send me an email and I can help assist you anyway I can.

Anna Shea
Web Reference:
You're talking about the area around NOPA, the restaurant, correct? If so, I lived there a few years ago and could give you some insights.