Is now a good time to sell a condo Uptown?

Asked by Nola Condo, New Orleans, LA Fri Feb 27, 2009

I live on the parade route, in a 2 bed/2 bath condo with gated parking. I'm wondering if there is much demand for this kind of inventory right now? It seems like there are far fewer listings right now, but I wonder if people have decided not to sell or if things have been moving?

Answers

6
ian cockburn’s answer
ian cockburn, Agent, New Orleans, LA
Fri Apr 24, 2009
Eric is right...the secret is don't be greedy and remember the NEW rules to real estate...instead of location, location, location try price, price, price.

Other people's listings are irrelevant...if you are serious about selling, one needs a dedicated agent that brings you the real sales numbers of homes closest to yours, and prices your home to move...specific to Uptown.

The buyer's are there...I have a few and they are looking with their downpayment in hand. Ignore the Fox news and follow how and what you want to sell.
Web Reference:  http://iansellsnola.com
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Fri Feb 27, 2009
Nola,

It's not going to cost you anything to put it on the market and "test the water." Contact an agent to get an accurate feel for the local market and advice on how best to market your home.

Look at it this way, what are your chances of selling it, if it's not on the market.

Eric Bouler…, Agent, New Orleans, LA
Fri Apr 24, 2009
I look at condos everyday. I actually sold 3 this week after a long slow period. You have to be priced right and get all the little things done that may be needed before putting it on the market. Real Estate is seasonal so now is a good time but there is a lot of competition. The New Orleans trend is to have more demand for two bedrooms in the last 18 months. If you have parking it is also a big plus.
ian cockburn, Agent, New Orleans, LA
Wed Apr 22, 2009
Have you sold your condo yet?
Kathryn, Home Buyer, New Orleans, LA
Sat Feb 28, 2009
What is the ballpark range you are hoping to sell for? I think there might be more interest out there than many would think.
ian cockburn, Agent, New Orleans, LA
Fri Feb 27, 2009
I have a buyer looking for a place like yours right now. We have been looking for places on and around St Charles.

Anytime is a good time to sell...but the real determining factor is what do you want to sell for?

Certain types of properties are moving more than others...while larger sf properties Uptown are sometimes selling for 30% or more discount from their original asking price.

Smaller is better, and with condo's off-street parking is the best.

Email me and I can show you how we put together a marketing plan to best put your place in this constantly evolving marketplace.
Web Reference:  http://www.iansellsnola.com